Yet Another Reason Why I'm Glad that I No Longer Live in California

Sunshine

"The school taught its students a simple lesson: If you dislike speech and want it suppressed, then you can get what you want by threatening violence against the speakers." <--- THIS. The fact that the school chose to address the problem by restricting the victim’s rights, instead of fighting back against its aggressors is nonsensical and a horrible example of authority to developing minds. I do not see this as a matter of ethnicity or nationalism, it’s a matter of people wanting to harm others. THAT is the problem that should be rallied against. As far as the right to wear clothing with an American flag... The way that "these kinds of things" are presented to the judicial system may be the problem...The courts were asked something along the lines of “Can a school uphold and alter a dress-code as necessary to protect the students”..In my opinion, the answer to that question should be yes, I want our schools to protect our children (within reason) in any way possible! But really, the question to the courts should be something like “Don’t we, as Americans, have the same rights as others (disclaimer: “others” are always welcomed with open arms if contributing members to society) within our country, including the ability to exercise American Patriotism?” That was part of the beauty of the constitutional design, after all.

munstie

I'll just put this here

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Attachments

• 1393642839123.jpg
    1393642839123.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 152

StrizzyChris

I speak a lil Chinese too. Do I have to go to China to speak in Chinese? I have a daughter studying multiple languages. I'm not gonna tell her she can't study other languages cuz she lives in America. Your comment is ignorant. Not gonna get into a fuss with someone not in front of me. If you read my comments in this topic you'll see I was against the ban moron.

TUFTRLZ

Pretty sure he didn't say you cant study other languages. To me, it sounded like he meant that if you live here and get the benefits of being a citizen, you should speak the language. If you refuse to learn English, then maybe you should go live in the country that speaks the only language you're willing to speak. Before you resort to calling people ignorant, I suggest that you actually understand what they are saying.....to me that is ignorant! :idontknow:

EDIT: I see(on the next page) that you realized the mistake. ignore this post

Last edited:

Oscar35

The only mistake I made was assuming his comment was directed to me. Please read all the comments before you chime in. That's ignorance.

TUFTRLZ

10frank9

Web Wheeler
The only mistake I made was assuming his comment was directed to me. Please read all the comments before you chime in. That's ignorance.

TUFTRLZ

I don't have a dog in the fight but man you sure come off as confrontational. Take a figurative chill pill. You went from 0-60. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here because you are new, but I can tell you that you won't be welcomed here long of this is how you choose to speak to people.

StrizzyChris

TUFTRLZ

My only mistake was assuming that you were being an asshole to Adam and calling him names...but now that I have read all of your comments I see that you're drinking and looking for a fight and assuming things about more than just adam. Drunk fighting on the internet...that's ignorance.

Oscar35

I get it. You guys are regulars here. I'm the new guy. Frank I'm defending myself. Anybody would do so... . I apologized for my comment and still got attacked. Anyways I can get over it if everyone else can.

TUFTRLZ

RodCyn

The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

FYI. Unfortunately this ruling affects not only California, but also Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.

The good thing it that the 9th is the most overturned court of the land. It won't be the first time this court got something wrong. On one day, it gets the search and seizure issue right, and now this...

Moochie

The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

FYI. Unfortunately this ruling affects not only California, but also Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.

The good thing it that the 9th is the most overturned court of the land. It won't be the first time this court got something wrong. On one day, it gets the search and seizure issue right, and now this...

I guess we will need to move to North Dakota now. :)

crowrb29

Just ordered American flag stickers for my jeep. I just don't get some people. Seriously like c'mon. It's funny too because I have lots of friends that have come here from other countries that the US just has something about it that makes it so much better than anywhere. After being to some of the places I have been I definitely agree. What we have is wonderful and what we have to do every day to keep it deserves respect and the flag is part of that respect.

Top Bottom