Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

Not too long, about 2 hours. Having the right tools handy. It took me longer to take my old bumper off! Dirty, crusted bolts...:naw:

Haha I hear ya bud! I just looked on there website and didn't see this bumper. Where did you order it from? Or am I just blind? Lol :what:

RockHard rear Cage EVO EVAP Skid.
Rear Cage, Spare Rock Rings & Coils all going to powdercoat to get prettied up.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So I used the EVO EVAP Skid as a cover to hide this ugly EVAP canister and it worked out pretty sweet! So strong you can stand on it. Before-image.jpgimage.jpg

After

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So I instaled the new Night Hawk Light Brow today, I think it fits well with the smaller front bumper and no fenders.

image.jpg

All the coils & rear cage instaled and finished.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Love how clean looking your suspension setup is. How does it handle on the street at highway speeds?

Love how clean looking your suspension setup is. How does it handle on the street at highway speeds?

It handles great, it's still my DD, so I need it to be road worthy. I can do 80 mph on the highway with one finger on the wheel.

It handles great, it's still my DD, so I need it to be road worthy. I can do 80 mph on the highway with one finger on the wheel.

That's great it handles like that. I'd say it's a testament to quality parts and the correct setup. So glad you didn't sell this beast!

I am usually not a fan of the headlight eyebrow, but it really does look aggressive on your rig being fender less

I am usually not a fan of the headlight eyebrow, but it really does look aggressive on your rig being fender less

I agree! I wasn't a fan of the angry grill either. But with this one I don't have to take the grill off, and if I didn't like it I could just take it off. But I was curious after putting the small bumper on it just looked like something was missing, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.:thumb:

Looking good! One question for you. On your coilovers, it looks like you have a very short upper spring, and maybe even a shorter lower spring. What does that accomplish compared to an average coilover setup? The springs on the Evo Spec King 2.5 x 12" coilovers that come in the DTD kit I have are 14.250E14 lower springs and 12.250E14 upper springs. I assume the upper spring on yours is much higher spring rate? I've seen a few setups like that, just curious what it does.

Looking good! One question for you. On your coilovers, it looks like you have a very short upper spring, and maybe even a shorter lower spring. What does that accomplish compared to an average coilover setup? The springs on the Evo Spec King 2.5 x 12" coilovers that come in the DTD kit I have are 14.250E14 lower springs and 12.250E14 upper springs. I assume the upper spring on yours is much higher spring rate? I've seen a few setups like that, just curious what it does.

For my particular set up, notice I don't have very much up-travel (about 4-5") the rest is down travel. So the bottom spring is 1400.300.0300 and the top is 1200.300.0150, that's why the top spring is smaller cause it's a 150lb rate,so the stop for the slider is at 2", the smaller bumps are absorbed by the top spring until the slider hits the stop then the lower spring kicks in. I can't go flying down a dirt road over bumps at a high speed or I will bottom out like crazy! That's what your set up is for. But for crawling and maximum articulation mine does well.
We played around with spring rates until we settled with this. It drives & handles on the road just fine.

image.jpg

Top Bottom