2013 King of the Hammers info thread

Moochie

The actual race course has not been released yet. A specific obstacle is usually where a lot of people will watch from. Keep in mind that the laps are about 70 miles long. There is a lot of waiting involved to look for a certain race car.

EasyE

Is it feasible to drive out friday morning I'm only about 2 1/2 hr away. Also what would be a good spot to go see Mel race?

Next weekend the cars will be running around to practice.. You can watch at all hours just watch out for the racers.. The course will probably be marked by then...it's a great area and there's lots to see and many trails...

Steel Rain

We are going out very early Friday. Straight back to Chocolate Thunder like last year. I want to get up a bit higher this year so the wife and I can look down into the Carnage Pit at the gate keeper.:yup: DSCN0163.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0163.JPG
    DSCN0163.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 166

Smokinjoe

Out at HAmmer Town today big rigs pulling in people busy in the pits and tents going up. Firewood guy has a ton of wood and people marking there spots. Took A few pics ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359769139.587549.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359769157.070456.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359769178.753840.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359769194.303684.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359769224.137220.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you coming out early, we've setup camp with Moochie over by gate 4 and would love for you guys to come join us. I'll post up specific information when I get back home later on tonight.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
For those of you coming out early, we've setup camp with Moochie over by gate 4 and would love for you guys to come join us. I'll post up specific information when I get back home later on tonight.

Sweet! :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug

See you Wednesday! :thumb:

Save me a parking spot please Moochie. ;)

JAGS

Hooked

Awesome. Look forward to hanging out and having a great time WAL style.

See you Wednesday! :thumb:

Save me a parking spot please Moochie. ;)

Hey save me one too. ;)

Same here moochie!

I'm hanging with these guys for the week. Adam is also part of our KOH Fab Four. 🔨🍻👍

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Good deal! I will be there early Wednesday and park sideways so the others can't park close.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for not getting this up sooner. Got back from the Hammers late last night and got right to work on uploading HEARTLAND. :crazyeyes:

Anyway, here's a map of Hammertown and, as you can see, I added a red star where we are setup...

Hammertown-Map-2013-King-of-the-Hammers-2013.jpg

The easiest way to get to it is to cut right through the middle of town from Gate 2 or, to circle around town from the southeast side. To help you find us, we are right next to the ORW trailer and, at least as of yesterday, there's still room for folks to setup. We'll be heading back there on Tuesday or early Wednesday and hope to see you there :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I rented out your room for the rest of the week, sorry. Make sure you bring a tent when you come back out. We had a little wind and light rain last night.

:tearsdrip:

:D We had a bit of light rain on the way home and was wondering if you got any.

Top Bottom