2013 WAYALIFE Kick Off Run - Saturday, January 5th

Count me in Eddie, my dad is going to tag along with me and maybe another buddy of mine. What time are you leaving in the morning?

Hey Eddie my dad wanted to know what part of the desert we are planning on going to. Any info is appreciated

Stan and I are coming from Ridgecrest, we'll meet up in Barstow, at Peggy Sue's Diner about 8 ish if anyone else is interested for a bite.

sj

Signed up for this forum yesterday and saw this.

I will be camping somewhere in Mojave Desert as from Wednesday or Thursday.
The weather forecast looks good. Hopefully it will stay that way.

If you are staying close to Afton Canyon or just East of Soda Dry Lake, I might find you Saturday morning.
I'll be taking the Mojave road from East to West.

CB Channel 16?

My my Eddie, what have you gotten yourself into :D

I'm thinking from the response to this trip that there's more jeeper's out there that enjoy the mild stuff and not the hardcore wheel'n...ya think LOL! Either that or they just want to be in your awesome videos :thumb:

:beer::beer:

3. There will be no bathrooms on this trip. I will be sure to stop periodically in a location where it's more advantageous for the ladies to find cover but, that's the best I can offer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

What if we need to stop on our own? Just do it and get back in line at the end?

There will be no crawling, no need to disconnect and more than likely, no need for 4WD.

I think I will put it in at least 4-Hi anyway.

So what's the best gasoline station just south of Bravo Burgers?

I'm thinking from the response to this trip that there's more jeeper's out there that enjoy the mild stuff and not the hardcore wheel'n...ya think LOL! Either that or they just want to be in your awesome videos
Yeah it's interesting. Maybe a little of both.

Last edited:
WOW!! Sounds like a fun day!!! A bit of a drive for me, I did think about doing it.

It took me a minute to figure out SLC was Salt Lake City.
I don't think the drive would be that bad for you.
You should thaw out by the time you arrive to Barstow too.

One of my new year's resolutions is to find a new job where I don't work weekends so that I can go on runs at a moments notice. Grrrrr.

Looking to caravan or meet up with an existing caravan passing by the 15/91 or 15/60 fwys. Those traveling via N-15 from the OC, la,SD, San Gabriel valley area, what CB channel might you be running as maybe I can catch you in route.

Also, while CBs aren't necessary on the run, if those who have them have them tuned to same channel, we might be able to link up on the route north to Victorville.

Just a thought. There's more than 40 of us so I'm guessing ill be seeing lots of Jeeps on the road.

Looking to caravan or meet up with an existing caravan passing by the 15/91 or 15/60 fwys. Those traveling via N-15 from the OC, la,SD, San Gabriel valley area, what CB channel might you be running as maybe I can catch you in route.

Also, while CBs aren't necessary on the run, if those who have them have them tuned to same channel, we might be able to link up on the route north to Victorville.

Just a thought. There's more than 40 of us so I'm guessing ill be seeing lots of Jeeps on the road.

There will be a few of us coming up from SD area on the 15. CB channel will be 16.

There will be a few of us coming up from SD area on the 15. CB channel will be 16.

All right. So channel 16 it will be for us CB folks. Works for me.

Hidden Valley Pkwy is the first exit north of 91 off the 15. Maybe I can try to link up with you there. What time you leaving the SD area??

Anyone else want meet up off HV pkwy. I think there is a Starbucks and/or 7-11 at the off/on ramp on the east side of 91.

Well I hate to say this but I had an unexpected bill pop up that cleaned my bank account so I'm out of this trip. :( I hope you all have a good time and hope to do this trip next year!!

Top Bottom