Asking the same questions again ( but with a twist ? )

noroad

Ill agree here. We need to rise above the trolls so we don't wrongfully give them fuel to any possible argument they might try to launch. We shouldn't have to sink to their levels to prove our points. They usually end proving that their :asshat: on their own.

- Jason

This is true lol! let just make wayalife look like the bigger/better people thats all!

Apologies are not needed in any regard you have a valid point. Guess I'm just overly paranoid.

Sent from my whatchamacallit

I understand due to the amount of people lately. but the guy is online so maybe he can tell us more about what he is looking for out of his jeep!

JAGS

Hooked
So 20+ post in, OP, can share more about what you want your jeep to handle and what your budget is.

Given you are running 37s and BB, you must have some ideas in mind on future capabilities.

- Jason

Ah2014jk

Ok I guess this didn't come across as clear as I wanted so apologize for that.

First answer is no this is not my first jeep ( not even my first JK )

2nd answer - I have 37s with just a 2" budget boost and a 1.25" body lift and flat fenders

3rd answer - yes I know the Ferrari of lifts would be DTD front and rear with ORE high clearance long arms but again that will be over 12,000 in parts alone. The question was does anyone have any experience with running the metal cloak mid arms on this system as they would be extremely less expensive to do ( I know Eddie ran taraflex short for a while ) Or anyone running this with the full traction long arms ( as Mel ran those on an earlier shop jeep with the lever system ) but on a 2door. Again... Less expensive

Last question regarding how the game changer worked on JKX this year is it would be cheeper by enough to buy the new 44 front and redo the rear ( yes and locked ). Then run it for a year or so before going to coils

All in all it comes down to money in the budget for THIS NEXT YEAR and I don't have 25 thousand to spend all in one dump. I spent about 13k this year and the budget should have around 12 for next season

2nd answer - I have 37s with just a 2" budget boost and a 1.25" body lift and flat fenders

3rd answer - yes I know the Ferrari of lifts would be DTD front and rear with ORE high clearance long arms but again that will be over 12,000 in parts alone. The question was does anyone have any experience with running the metal cloak mid arms on this system as they would be extremely less expensive to do ( I know Eddie ran taraflex short for a while ) Or anyone running this with the full traction long arms ( as Mel ran those on an earlier shop jeep with the lever system ) but on a 2door. Again... Less expensive

Last question regarding how the game changer worked on JKX this year is it would be cheeper by enough to buy the new 44 front and redo the rear ( yes and locked ). Then run it for a year or so before going to coils

All in all it comes down to money in the budget for THIS NEXT YEAR and I don't have 25 thousand to spend all in one dump. I spent about 13k this year and the budget should have around 12 for next season

Well as far as MC and full traction I cannot comment, however what I can say is have you looked into maybe going with the enforcer by EVO at all ? Because, that is a solid kit that you can get allot of feedback and opinions on because it is ran by so many as well as being a great, and well tested system.

noroad

metal cloak arms from what i hear have had some problems beleive it or not curry arms are not that much more and have joinny joints that are bomb. are you trying to do a long arm or just a couple of arms. I also know a couple guys on here run the full traction long arm and it has been good to them!

Tigrcky

I'd say look at your final picture and build for that, cheaper in the end. Maybe consider evo long arms with bolt on coil overs from evo as well as some king speed bumps, bit cheaper and gives you a step in the direction of the final picture

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since your doing it on a 2 door I would HIGHLY suggest the 3" EVO enforcer. Hinrich runs this kit with 37's on his and it's amazing. He has 1310 f/r driveshafts, front lower and rear upper control arms, and the enforcer with Bilstein shocks. It's as smooth as can be and kicks ass on the rocks.

The enforcer lift comes with front lower arms and you can get a set of rear upper arms from currie or another company that uses Johnny joints.

Ah2014jk

The end result is the full DTD front and rear with long arms... Just want the most bang and still usable as I build. ( stupid bank account )

noroad

The end result is the full DTD front and rear with long arms... Just want the most bang and still usable as I build. ( stupid bank account )

Maybe just buy some control arms and coils off someone to run for now, regear. And save for the DTD if thats what you want maybe not waste as much money and get there faster!

Since your doing it on a 2 door I would HIGHLY suggest the 3" EVO enforcer. Hinrich runs this kit with 37's on his and it's amazing. He has 1310 f/r driveshafts, front lower and rear upper control arms, and the enforcer with Bilstein shocks. It's as smooth as can be and kicks ass on the rocks.

The enforcer lift comes with front lower arms and you can get a set of rear upper arms from currie or another company that uses Johnny joints.

This right here is a solid choice in my eyes and the route I wish I would have gone

Ah2014jk

I can run with the 2" lift with the body lift and "get by"

For control arms, would there be any noticeable difference on the 2 door with the lever ? Keep in mind that I love the go fast but around here that's far between.

Ah2014jk

Ok just checking out the EVO short arms... They are a possibility. Honestly haven't hear much about them ( mainly the long arms is all I hear about ) that would save $$$$

thardy

Banned
Maybe just buy some control arms and coils off someone to run for now, regear. And save for the DTD if thats what you want maybe not waste as much money and get there faster!

Agreed. If you ultimately want the DTD, save up and do it right. My opinion would be to go ahead and address the D30 front. You'll end up needing to do it anyway, and it'll give you some piece of mind trying to wheel with 37's.

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

noroad

I can run with the 2" lift with the body lift and "get by"

For control arms, would there be any noticeable difference on the 2 door with the lever ? Keep in mind that I love the go fast but around here that's far between.

well you have only a 2inch lift(suspention) so you caste isnt really off that much, i was saying if you added bigger coils you would want some adjs to help correct that. I would just look into long arm kits that you like and save for that (just the long arms) and then buy the DTD at that time as well if thats the road you want. Are you sure you need the DTD why not just some long arms and coilovers?

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure which rig was running MC on the JKX to know how it "performed" an if any issues now that it is over.

Why not go EVO long arms with some Ranchos or Bilstiens. Save for the rest...and at least that front axle upgrade as going fast will surely bend it before long.

Another option would be the DTD set up but with the single bypasses. Get the arms you need now and the rest down the road. Will save a few bucks.

Or if the DTD is truly just pipe, then that's a whole different ball game as far as options. Rancho has a few kits and then you have EVOs enforcer as a step up from there.

Doesn't seem to make sense installing something only to knowingly be removing the whole thing for something else.

- Jason

Tigrcky

Are you planning on sticking with the 44s or are 60s in your future??? I would make that 30,#1 priority, then address the rear then the lift.

Top Bottom