aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

aTX427

Looks like fun. How's the jeep doing with all the new mods?

Thanks, yes it's working well. The front shocks need to be swapped out when I get back, but it's climbing everything I point it at.

Last edited:

boardsurfer

Thanks, yes it's working well. The front shocks need to be swapped out when I get back, but it's climbing everything I point it at.

Too heavy? Too soft? Love the pictures! Some of the obstacles are tough enough in the summer, I cant imagine what snow and ice add to the mix.

aTX427

Good to hear. You're welcome to stop by and say hi if you come back this way.

I appreciate the offer and should be out that way in Q1. I'll hit you up for a drink.

Too heavy? Too soft? Love the pictures! Some of the obstacles are tough enough in the summer, I cant imagine what snow and ice add to the mix.

The snow and ice definitely adds a layer of uncertainty, but it's still really fun. We like the off season. On the suspension, I definitely need air bumps, but the front coilover's King sent out still are not right. The compressed length is not correct, so the front end is sitting too high.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
That is one bad ass rig you built yourself!! Congrats on all your hard work and time, looks like it really paid off!![emoji106]

aTX427

That is one bad ass rig you built yourself!! Congrats on all your hard work and time, looks like it really paid off!![emoji106]

Thank you. It was a lot of time away from my family working long nights in the garage. My goal was a trail Jeep that can safely walk all but the most difficult trails. So far it seems like the combination of parts really worked well together.

aTX427

Man Moab looks like fun in the snow! Jeep looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, snow really changes the dynamics of this place. Moderate trails can become treacherous. I was literally pushing the rear end of Matt's Jeep on ice to get him stabilized on PSM. I enjoy it though. It's exciting not knowing what to expect around every curve.

Flat Iron Mesa is one of my favorites...was there snow on the cliff edge after Easter Egg?...that must have been interesting...

That was the first time I ever did FIM. It was definitely one of my favorites. I think you are describing the obstacle called "the Intimidator". It was covered in snow and slightly off camber, which was really interesting with full width axles. I was leading, so I just drive it without stopping then spotted for Matt. It was one of those places, we didn't want to talk about after. Way to close to the edge. The best climb of the day was "the Chute". It was really dug out and partially covered with ice.

Soft top and doors - check

Are those the bestop 2 piece soft doors? How do you like 'em?

They are the Bestop 2 piece doors. I like them for my purpose; inexpensive, lightweight shelter from the elements when we rock crawl , but wouldn't recommend them for daily use. They are loud and do not seal well. For what they are, they kept us warm and dry from light rain.

Last edited:

aTX427

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

My co-pilot and photographer taking the long way up the trail. Based on the look on her face, we weren't taking many more pictures that day.

IMG_1525.JPG

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome build and an awesome trip!! It’s got to feel great putting all that effort to use on the trail. The pictures are impressive, I need to get out there some day. Congrats and happy New Year!

aTX427

With all the time and effort, I hoped it worked. I didn't have a chance to shake it down before this trip.

Top Bottom