aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I need to figure out how to drop more weight. Came in at 5,250 with a full tank, no top, soft half doors, spare and the tailgate. I already sold the tailgate, plan on pulling the windshield, getting rid of the front sway bar and ditching the Quarter Pounder for a basic frame mounted winch plate. How much does the hood weigh?

Why are you so concerned about weight? You realize the Jeep weighs what a built 2 door weighs correct? You realize evo1 weighs about the same correct? You realize your axles are probably close to 700 pounds and your tires are another 600 pounds correct?

No offense but you really have no clue what you are doing, period. Just wheel your jeep and stop believing everything you read on the “badass” forums.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
aTX427 said:
I need to figure out how to drop more weight. Came in at 5,250 with a full tank, no top, soft half doors, spare and the tailgate. I already sold the tailgate, plan on pulling the windshield, getting rid of the front sway bar and ditching the Quarter Pounder for a basic frame mounted winch plate. How much does the hood weigh?

Ummm, yeah....

20170512190529-53b28431.jpg

20170512190528-0404c3f4-me.jpg

Granted, I'm just a mall crawler. I supposed if I wheeled my Jeep or bombed across the desert, I'd want to figure out how to drop more weight too.

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed on over thinking the weight. Don't worry about it. And overlander nailed it with the axles and tires. Can't see how you can get any lower with this thing.

WJCO

Meme King
Weight management is everything and helps everywhere.

You've got over a thousand pounds of unsprung weight to keep you on the ground. Personally I think if you're only at 5200 pounds now, that's pretty damn low.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You've got over a thousand pounds of unsprung weight to keep you on the ground. Personally I think if you're only at 5200 pounds now, that's pretty damn low.

Funny thing is, back in the day, guys used to fill there tires with water to help ADD a bit more unsprung weight to help keep all four on the floor :crazyeyes:

aTX427

Why are you so concerned about weight? You realize the Jeep weighs what a built 2 door weighs correct? You realize evo1 weighs about the same correct? You realize your axles are probably close to 700 pounds and your tires are another 600 pounds correct?

No offense but you really have no clue what you are doing, period. Just wheel your jeep and stop believing everything you read on the “badass” forums.

I don't know what bad ass forums you are referring to. To say I have no clue In discussing weight management on my thread makes you sound ignorant. It matters in this and every motor sport.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't know what bad ass forums you are referring to. To say I have no clue In discussing weight management on my thread makes you sound ignorant. It matters in this and every motor sport.

You continuing to argue that proves you are ignorant. A factory 4 door weights about 4400 pounds. Your jeep is 1000 pounds more and you have almost 1000 pounds more unsprung weight than what came from the factory. You are an idiot.

aTX427

Funny thing is, back in the day, guys used to fill there tires with water to help ADD a bit more unsprung weight to help keep all four on the floor :crazyeyes:

Very true. Weight placement is as important as material selection. After watching your Code 3 video, it is readily apparent that you spent some time tuning your suspension for your weight. I was really impressed with how good it looked going accross the desert. Well done.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Curb weight of a stock JKUR complete with full doors and hard top is 4,921 lbs. If you're really weighing in at 5,250 lbs., that's only a gain 329 lbs. Personally, that seems like a BS number to me but if that number is real, it DOESN'T GET MUCH BETTER than that or at least, not without COMPLETELY STRIPPING YOUR JEEP DOWN like EVO 1.

Not trying to be facetious here but show me where weight is holding you back and maybe we can have a real discussion here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very true. Weight placement is as important as material selection. After watching your Code 3 video, it is readily apparent that you spent some time tuning your suspension for your weight. I was really impressed with how good it looked going accross the desert. Well done.

The JK is a pig. Your built up JK sounds like it's about as light as it gets. IF you're JK rides like shit, isn't handling well, feels unbalanced in the rocks or otherwise, the problem is probably unrelated to weight.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I fixed it for you.

Very intelligent argument. A quick google search shows exactly what badass forum you spend your time on.

IMG_4871.jpg

You have wheeled your jeep one time. You got a flat tire and said you need to carry two spares instead of just patching the flat. You have proved time and time again that you have no idea what you are doing and that you have no knowledge of the off-road world. I don’t really care how many Jeeps you claimed you have built you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. My two door weighs what your four door does and there has never been a time where I have needed to reduce weight. And I have wheeled my jeep a lot more than you have yours. Get a grip.

Top Bottom