aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not here to defend any tire manufacturer, but it is extremely rare that any tire sidewall just randomly fails. I analyze vehicle failure claims all day long including tires. Obviously my job is relevant to 'onroad' environments, however with all the claims I look at year round, I probably only see 5 or so sidewall failures. It's rare! And this is assuming the driver is being truthful about what transpired. Sidewalls on tires don't just randomly fail. And I think this applies to off-road use as well, if you're paying attention, you typically know what failed and why it failed. If not, you're doomed to repeat the same shit again. I have personally wheeled with John and he's a good guy with a nice Jeep. It just makes no sense that these tires keep failing on him and not others.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool story

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I stubbed my toe the other day. It was a leg from our coffee table. That makes me a good walker.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I guess puncturing tires is just a part of wheeling and sharing your experience on a forum is not out of the ordinary.

Lol holy fuck you guys are fucking cry babies. Do you give reach arounds too or just take it?

Benito

Caught the Bug
I'm not here to defend any tire manufacturer, but it is extremely rare that any tire sidewall just randomly fails. I analyze vehicle failure claims all day long including tires. Obviously my job is relevant to 'onroad' environments, however with all the claims I look at year round, I probably only see 5 or so sidewall failures. It's rare! And this is assuming the driver is being truthful about what transpired. Sidewalls on tires don't just randomly fail. And I think this applies to off-road use as well, if you're paying attention, you typically know what failed and why it failed. If not, you're doomed to repeat the same shit again. I have personally wheeled with John and he's a good guy with a nice Jeep. It just makes no sense that these tires keep failing on him and not others.

If the tire would have completely failed immediately after the sidewall split then yes the DRIVER could have probably figured out what happened to his tire. For instance on this wheeling trip i was going up a climb and had to give it a bump, i attempted and didn’t make it up i started to hear air hissing from somewhere, i backed down the obstacle and inspected my Jeep. I somehow managed to get a rock inside my Chamber Pro II wheel and the rock broke the valve stem. We where wheeling for two days, the damage could have happened at any point during the outing, where we were going over many rocks; so, i don’t see how it is unbelievable that none of us know when and what exactly caused this tire to fail.

Jackal01

Lol holy fuck you guys are fucking cry babies. Do you give reach arounds too or just take it?

So you and some others here can talk shit and just in general fuck with people but "we" can't?

Don't see what homosexual acts have to do with anything here in this thread but you're a piece of shit for going straight to disgusting insults like that.

That behavior is permitted here so it's absolutely promoted which makes it even worse.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If the tire would have completely failed immediately after the sidewall split then yes the DRIVER could have probably figured out what happened to his tire. For instance on this wheeling trip i was going up a climb and had to give it a bump, i attempted and didn’t make it up i started to hear air hissing from somewhere, i backed down the obstacle and inspected my Jeep. I somehow managed to get a rock inside my Chamber Pro II wheel and the rock broke the valve stem. We where wheeling for two days, the damage could have happened at any point during the outing, where we were going over many rocks; so, i don’t see how it is unbelievable that none of us know when and what exactly caused this tire to fail.

Just hear me out for a second. You just explained an experience that YOU had - AS IN, you knew it. EVEN IF the ultimate failure didn't happen all at once, I've never seen an incident where the person in question couldn't think back to when the roots of their failure might have occurred. Maybe it's just me but I'd want to know what that "might" have been if only so that I could be aware of it in the future.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So you and some others here can talk shit and just in general fuck with people but "we" can't?

Don't see what homosexual acts have to do with anything here in this thread but you're a piece of shit for going straight to disgusting insults like that.

That behavior is permitted here so it's absolutely promoted which makes it even worse.

Lol homophobe much? I can get into disagreements without my friends coming in and holding my balls. You and your friends cannot. There is a big difference. Let your friend step the fuck up and explain shit for himself.

WJCO

Meme King

Totally agreed. With that being said, I don't think switching manufacturers of tires will bring anyone closer to the truth of what happened. Offroading includes risks, and shit happens.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here I thought you had a hard on for my posts.

The only person on this forum who talks about dick more then you is gay, so one could wonder which way you swing.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You quote me every chance you get when one of your little buddies comes around. When do I go out of my way to quote you? In fact, unlike Eddie, I don’t really care for most of you guys because you fucking bitch and complain all the time and only come around when one of your friends needs some backup.

You quote me every chance you get when one of your little buddies comes around. When do I go out of my way to quote you? In fact, unlike Eddie, I don’t really care for most of you guys because you fucking bitch and complain all the time and only come around when one of your friends needs some backup.

That’s good news. And i don’t care for you because you’re an internet king dickhead.

aTX427

Totally agreed. With that being said, I don't think switching manufacturers of tires will bring anyone closer to the truth of what happened. Offroading includes risks, and shit happens.

I was able to pretty much walk everything without bouncing or excessive throttle. As I mentioned previously, there were places I could have conceived this could have happened, but that wasn't the case. I was actually surprised when someone pointed it, because I never got hung up that day. Based on my build, you can probably get an understanding that I'm detailed oriented and have an understanding of the mechanics that go into wheeling. Shit happens. Definitely hope it's not something that continues happening, but appreciate everyone pressing to gain an understanding of the details. I definitely see the value in reflecting on the event to be more aware of what can potentially cause this to happen again and really didn't give it a second thought until this evening.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was actually surprised when someone pointed it, because I never got hung up that day.

Not that it never happens but I RARELY see pinch tears like this from getting hung up. But then, I probably don't have as much experience as you do.

I'm detailed oriented and have an understanding of the mechanics that go into wheeling.

Being that you would actually say this about yourself - this is the reason why I've been having such a hard time understanding how you wouldn't really have any idea of when or where your failure may have started.

Top Bottom