aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

aTX427

Wow, man. Love it! :thumb:

Thank you - it's been a lot of work, but I really like how it's taking shape.

Looks like the old yamaha blaster 4-wheelers with the narrow fender flares and winch plate.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Totally. I had a Banshee back in the day. So fun.

That thing looks so mean nice job!

Thank you, believe it or not, it drives great on the street. 80-85mph no problem, even without the front anti sway bar.

aTX427

I finished up the in cab winch switch wiring on Friday and hit the road for Wolf Caves.

IMG_1909.JPG

We all met up at the campsite and despite a mid-night thunderstorm, the weather cleared up and we had a fantastic weekend.

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

Then this happened...again.

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
Jeep looks good. WTF is up with your tires? Are rocks just really sharp there or is sidewall getting pinched? Sucks that you keep having to deal with this.

aTX427

Jeep looks good. WTF is up with your tires? Are rocks just really sharp there or is sidewall getting pinched? Sucks that you keep having to deal with this.

Not sure. There were 4 Jeep's on 40's, 2 on 37's with one on 35's and we were all aired down to about 10-ish. This environment was a bit harsh, but it's the same thing happened in Moab.

WJCO

Meme King
Really defensive on the Coopers aren't we.

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd also be more than happy to eat crow if I had issues with any of my installed parts for the sake of transparency (including my Cooper Stt pros, that I installed another new-to-me set today), but truthfully these tires rock. I've had no issues so far and plan on running these indefinitely.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Not saying that you should know. Saying that the DRIVER should know.

And we are saying that the tire was split, the split wasn’t noticed until somebody else pointed it out, and it didn’t start to lose air until a while later. I was there and what I saw probably doesn’t mean anything to you but i will say ATX was probably the most experienced wheeler with us and picked the best lines out of all of us. This failure may have been caused by being so low but from my understanding Mike was at 10 psi with the exact same tire/wheel combo and followed ATX and myself over the same stuff, so i guess now we know not to run Coopers at 10psi like other 40” tires with a C load rating, and we don’t know how to wheel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And we are saying that the tire was split, the split wasn’t noticed until somebody else pointed it out, and it didn’t start to lose air until a while later. I was there and what I saw probably doesn’t mean anything to you but i will say ATX was probably the most experienced wheeler with us and picked the best lines out of all of us. This failure may have been caused by being so low but from my understanding Mike was at 10 psi with the exact same tire/wheel combo and followed ATX and myself over the same stuff, so i guess now we know not to run Coopers at 10psi like other 40” tires with a C load rating, and we don’t know how to wheel.

Oh please. :rolleyes2:

Allow me to try this again. I never said that nobody noticed it sooner. I wouldn't expect any of you to. What I would expect is the DRIVER to know - to have at least SOME IDEA of what might of caused it. Clearly, we all have our own idea of what a good line is and even if everyone is running the same tire with the same psi but that doesn't mean that everyone will hit an obstacle the same way or at the same rate of speed. I can only go off of what I'm looking at and I just found it lame that the driver didn't give at least some idea of what happened. I mean, being that he's so experienced and all.

aTX427

Not saying that you should know. Saying that the DRIVER should know.

I know how it happened. It tore on one of the trails while we were crawling and was holding air, so I didn't notice a problem until we caught up with the rest of our group. Shortly thereafter, it gave up. The tire should be able to handle 10psi, but then maybe it can't. Is it the driver? Probably, it's doesn't seem to be the best selection for how and were I wheel. I think it's a good tire, just not for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know how it happened. It tore on one of the trails while we were crawling and was holding air, so I didn't notice a problem until we caught up with the rest of our group. Shortly thereafter, it gave up. The tire should be able to handle 10psi, but then maybe it can't. Is it the driver? Probably, it's doesn't seem to be the best selection for how and were I wheel. I think it's a good tire, just not for me.

LOL!! Yeah, just what I thought. :thumb:

Top Bottom