Beadlocks?

Journeyman

Of the bead locks I've seen on the trail and personally run, I have found that the ATX line of bead locks have the best designed, thickest and strongest rings and use the biggest bolts that are completely recessed and protected from the rocks. Spyderloc's are made by ATX and they are good as well but as much as I love the look of them, I have found that the star gets in the way of things, catches on rocks and trees and will get bent with some hard use. This in turn will throw off the balance. If there is a downside to ATX wheels, it'd be they come with too little back spacing - a good thing if you're running coil overs but otherwise, hard on your ball joints and unit bearings. I loved the look of my old Walker Evans and they worked well for me but their bolts were on the small side, too exposed and while I never broke a bolt, I have seen plenty in the past on other rigs. I do like that Trail Ready is made in the USA and I might have to give them a try next.

I really like everything about the trail ready's, I even follow them on instagram and according to them their on some of the top off-road rigs from trophy trucks to rock bouncers and do quite well. But I was able to check out a set at the dynatrac booth this wknd at tds on a display jku and had never noticed before how the bolts heads aren't completely counter sunk and about half the bolt head sticks out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I really like everything about the trail ready's, I even follow them on instagram and according to them their on some of the top off-road rigs from trophy trucks to rock bouncers and do quite well. But I was able to check out a set at the dynatrac booth this wknd at tds on a display jku and had never noticed before how the bolts heads aren't completely counter sunk and about half the bolt head sticks out.

I was concerned with that too coming from slabs that are sunk in all the way. After a number of conversations with others, no one seemed concerned.. so I guess I won't either. Time will tell

Desert Crawler

I run TrailReady's and have scraped and bent a couple of rings against rocks without doing any damage to any of the bolts Jeep flex 011_2.JPG . This was a concern of mine when I got them, but it has not been a problem.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Been running slabs for years now and won't run anything else. Absolutely trouble free and perform awesome even after the rings are scarred up everywhere!

tgoss

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but those rings look brand new and far from being seriously beat :crazyeyes:

Then I stand corrected. With the minimal abuse they have taken I would buy a third set purely on principal.

Desert Crawler

That was a picture before any carnage. I have bent a couple above the bolt areas against rocks, but they are still fully functional and go down the road just fine. When I say bent rings, I'm talking mostly cosmetic but still bent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey mate, how do you like the creeper locks? Thinking of getting some for mine? Thanks

Well of course he's going to say how much he hates them. I mean, he only came on here to post up proud pics of his Jeep with them installed. :crazyeyes:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wouldnt want a wheel that you could bend the ring, to me thats a failure waiting to happen. Makes me curious how it even bends when its bolted down tight.

Those creeper locks are cool, still think its a great idea that if needed you can replace part of the ring and not the whole thing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldnt want a wheel that you could bend the ring, to me thats a failure waiting to happen. Makes me curious how it even bends when its bolted down tight.

Those creeper locks are cool, still think its a great idea that if needed you can replace part of the ring and not the whole thing.

Just like I would never want a ring that can bend, I would never want a bead lock that might need part of the ring replaced. But, that's just me. Not that I'm saying that would be something that'd happen with a Creeper Lock though. I do like the look of them.

Ausjeep113

Well of course he's going to say how much he hates them. I mean, he only came on here to post up proud pics of his Jeep with them installed. :crazyeyes:

I think you may have a point there Eddie [emoji23]
Also I think the replaceable segments are just so posers can keep them looking pretty. They seem like a nice wheel though

GONWHLN

Well, what are they like then?

I ran a set of steel diy beadlocks with 1/4" ring on my last jeep for roughly four years. They were impossible to balance. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who street drives their jeep regularly. The creeper locks have only been on the jeep for a few months now, but i like them so far. Smooth as glass at highway speeds and seem to do their part on the trail when i'm headed to the mall.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ran a set of steel diy beadlocks with 1/4" ring on my last jeep for roughly four years. They were impossible to balance. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who street drives their jeep regularly. The creeper locks have only been on the jeep for a few months now, but i like them so far. Smooth as glass at highway speeds and seem to do their part on the trail when i'm headed to the mall.:rock:

They look real good and I may have to consider testing out a set some time. As far as the DIY beadlocks go, yeah, I don't know anyone who's had them to be able to balance them for anything.

chitown35

LOSER
I just got my new method 105s put on [emoji2]. Not having fun with them off road until it gets warmer but I love the look so much better than my old wheels and got to say adios to my wheel spacers. The rings with their spacer rings fit my STT Pros perfectly. And with dynabeads, even with tpms, awesomely smooth at 80mph.

20170310_165248.jpg

ben@badassjeeps

Hi,

I'm running Fuel Anza beadlocks. I love 'em! They have 4.5" backspacing and weigh in at around 36 lbs. Daily driven on 315/70/17 Cooper STT Pro's with no issues; though I do check the ring bolts once a week and re-torque them every oil change and/or tire rotation or after a wheeling trip.

20161212_192111.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom