Billy Goat Build

Update: I test fitted the tire carrier and then ran out of time to start painting. On both upper and lower hinges, it rubs paint off the tops of the factory hinge parts. I'm thinking about either grinding it down and re painting or hitting it with a BFH and re painting.. any recommendations/ anyone with a similar problem? It's a body mounted crawlerconceptz tire carrier.

JustinS

Update: I test fitted the tire carrier and then ran out of time to start painting. On both upper and lower hinges, it rubs paint off the tops of the factory hinge parts. I'm thinking about either grinding it down and re painting or hitting it with a BFH and re painting.. any recommendations/ anyone with a similar problem? It's a body mounted crawlerconceptz tire carrier.

I had the same issue, currently its rubbed off my paint but not the primer. I want to grind down the factory hinge and clearance it a bit...but its not top priority right now.

Also the bolt that goes through my factory hinge is a smaller diameter than the hinge hole, leading to a small amount of play

I had the same issue, currently its rubbed off my paint but not the primer. I want to grind down the factory hinge and clearance it a bit...but its not top priority right now.

Also the bolt that goes through my factory hinge is a smaller diameter than the hinge hole, leading to a small amount of play

Im wondering if I could shove a thin washer on the tops and bottoms of the factory hinges and that might make just enough space to quit rubbing. I just really don't want to have to worry about rust on my tail gate

I got the primer and a few coats of black textured on the tire carrier but then messed up the 2nd coat of black so I'll have to let it dry, sand it, and then try to blend it...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474823869.104240.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474823904.181227.jpg

Here are some poser shots from yesterday, unfortunately I have not been able to flex her out to see what rubs but that will be soon!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474831722.246272.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474831786.847730.jpg

And I don't know how to rotate that picture..

I finally got the tire and tire carrier on and I am very happy with it. It doesn't rattle or anything and the tailgate still opens and closes perfect! I will post pictures tomorrow when I get the chance.

So here are some more recent pictures of Billy Goat. I got the CB and the 3ft fire stick installed.
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0327.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

I still have yet to install the back up lights and I need to order some vertical stickers for the switchpros.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Looking good! Only thing holding back the "awesome" status is that license plate! Lol.
How you liking the lift kit? How much fender rub have you been getting?

Looking good! Only thing holding back the "awesome" status is that license plate! Lol.
How you liking the lift kit? How much fender rub have you been getting?

I actually get no fender rub unless I am flexing, but it is more so on the from and rear bumpers. Also the lift is great, I don't have any complaints yet!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom