ChiliDawg's JK build

Kyle7R

I only see one wire coming off your antenna. Where is your ground wire?
I don't have an additional wire ran from my antenna for a ground either. The only radio antenna I've been around that was grounded sounded like shit...until we removed the second ground (Napalm should remember this too)

My radio is grounded to a spot on the tub, passenger side below the dash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

I only see one wire coming off your antenna. Where is your ground wire?
Mine is just like his. It grounds through the bolt into the gate. I havnt had any issues at all but if there is still supposed to be a ground wire Im all ears. Im all about better ideas [emoji3]

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

GraniteCrystal

I don't have an additional wire ran from my antenna for a ground either. The only radio antenna I've been around that was grounded sounded like shit...until we removed the second ground (Napalm should remember this too)

My radio is grounded to a spot on the tub, passenger side below the dash.

So you are grounded or not grounded?
Mine is just like his. It grounds through the bolt into the gate. I havnt had any issues at all but if there is still supposed to be a ground wire Im all ears. Im all about better ideas [emoji3]

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
As long as you have a good ground, doesn't really matter how you get it. Without a ground or with a poor ground, your radio is gonna suck.

Kyle7R

So you are grounded or not grounded?

As long as you have a good ground, doesn't really matter how you get it. Without a ground or with a poor ground, your radio is gonna suck.
The radio is grounded, the antenna is too. But not with an additional wire. Just the coax to the bracket/antenna

ChiliDawg

looking forward to seeing the rest of them. I don't think they look overdone, all depends on what you were going for

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, idk, I just think I'm seeing a lot of engine bay and I don't know how I like it. Maybe I can cut and modify the inner liner to fit back. Also wondering if I should plasti-dip the body panel that shows all that yellow between the flare and wheel well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Well, idk, I just think I'm seeing a lot of engine bay and I don't know how I like it. Maybe I can cut and modify the inner liner to fit back. Also wondering if I should plasti-dip the body panel that shows all that yellow between the flare and wheel well.

You should be able to get most of it covered with some trimming of the fender liners.

benatc1

Hooked

a lot of people modify the inners and it actually works well. I bought the little mini evo liners they don't cover a lot but kinda clean it up and are pretty cheap. you might as well mess with the stock inners and see what you can do being you'll just toss em otherwise. when I had my red jeep I would have done the same to cover up the body tone but never got around to it

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChiliDawg

Definitely taking the driver side off before cutting though. I did most of this one while it was still on and I think it just made it harder. Plus I had to take the structure off and really get creative to get the part near the body cut anyway.

Top Bottom