Dynomax JK Wrangler QuietCrawler Exhaust Installed on RUBICAT w/EVO Lever System

WJCO

Meme King
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully Matt can hook me up with something that will fit my rig. Still sounds agressive but not obnoxious. I need the ground clearance more than anything.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
That sounds really good. Nice and quiet. To me it sounds like you hear the actual sound of the engine more than you do the exhaust.

snowcrash

Nice write up sir, do you think it would be manageable to install this on a two door?

I would like to know that too. I just got an aFe High-Tuck but not extremely happy with it and would totally replace it with one of these

Last edited:

Havoc40

This thread popped up at the perfect time!! I bashed my stock muffler on a rock pile last trip, and have been needing to do something. Thanks for the write up and sound clip, Eddie. Hopefully have this ordered up tomorrow.

I'm also going with the dump for the lever system...for future plans :brows:

ProtocolJK

This sounds great! I have a bunch of other things to do first, but I am definitely adding this to my list. Thanks for the awesome write up and sound clips Eddie!

I agree!! Well done.

Ridiculously thorough video! great work

I noticed the hum too of the tires.

it is pretty quiet, I like my VT muffler but I'd like something to tuck in better.

Those Nitto's are loud!

After EJS let's catch up and crawl around under your rig.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully Matt can hook me up with something that will fit my rig. Still sounds agressive but not obnoxious. I need the ground clearance more than anything.

This will NOT work on a 2 door, just not enough space pre-axle.
Also the hangers on a 3.8 are in a different location too!!!
Nice write up sir, do you think it would be manageable to install this on a two door?

Last edited:

Journeyman

Awesome how much sound the Nitto's make at highway speed [emoji33] couldn't hear any exhaust cruising down the freeway [emoji106]🏼
I just pulled my bank CAI because I couldn't handle the sound anymore. Stoked to see a quieter exhaust option out there.

BlueBox

Nice review and great pictures. I agree completely, the sound is a nice growl when you get on it but totally quiet otherwise. I've got about 600 mi on mine now, and it seems to be a little more growly under load, which I'm really starting to like.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds really good. Nice and quiet. To me it sounds like you hear the actual sound of the engine more than you do the exhaust.

You definitely can hear more of the motor with this setup. If we didn't have Mud Grapplers, I think you could hear it even more.

As Dynomax stated, I don't think so.

I can't hear it. :thinking:

:cheesy: that's because you run Mud Grapplers. :D

speed3d

Gave you a like & comment on your Facebook post, but figured I'd at least thank you for the video here. I was thinking maybe i'd hear the exhaust more since i'm running quieter trail grapplers, but i'm also only turning 35s- so probably will never work the motor that hard, so would probably even out

TeamFaust

Great write up. And timely as I'm developing an exhaust leak in the stock muffler so will be replacing soon. This was obviously your solution for the drone on the 3.6 and short dump due to EVO leveler set-up, which variation would you you suggest for the 3.8. I have actually relocated my EVAP back above the rear axle so plenty of space where it used to be and can go short dump or back past the rear axle which might be my preference. Thoughts Eddie/DynoMax?

Edit: Oh, and considering CA Smog compliance ugh).

Last edited:

BobbyGTX

I agree!! Well done.

I noticed the hum too of the tires.

After EJS let's catch up and crawl around under your rig.

This will NOT work on a 2 door, just not enough space pre-axle.
Also the hangers on a 3.8 are in a different location too!!!

No love for the 2 door : ( lol

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Okay, here it is! We just posted up a short video that'll help illustrate what the Dynomax QuietCrawler Performance Exhaust System sounds like both inside and out of the Jeep and under different conditions. Please take note that we are running BIG 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers and the humming sound you hear is coming from them. :cool:

:cool:

Damnit, this place is hard on my wallet. Hahaha. The clip sounds great. I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds without the mud grapplers, they mask the noise from the exhaust just a bit ;). Thanks for the video & photos.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Weight?

Is there a difference in weight? If so how much? Sorry if it was already asked I didn't see it. Great video!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gave you a like & comment on your Facebook post, but figured I'd at least thank you for the video here. I was thinking maybe i'd hear the exhaust more since i'm running quieter trail grapplers, but i'm also only turning 35s- so probably will never work the motor that hard, so would probably even out

Thanks and I really don't think it gets much louder than what you're already hearing now. :)

Great write up. And timely as I'm developing an exhaust leak in the stock muffler so will be replacing soon. This was obviously your solution for the drone on the 3.6 and short dump due to EVO leveler set-up, which variation would you you suggest for the 3.8. I have actually relocated my EVAP back above the rear axle so plenty of space where it used to be and can go short dump or back past the rear axle which might be my preference. Thoughts Eddie/DynoMax?

Edit: Oh, and considering CA Smog compliance ugh).

As I has stated in my original post, with a 3.8L motor, we really liked the Dynomax Ultra Flo Evolution Competition exhaust system.

Top Bottom