Dynomax JK Wrangler QuietCrawler Exhaust Installed on RUBICAT w/EVO Lever System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damnit, this place is hard on my wallet. Hahaha. The clip sounds great. I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds without the mud grapplers, they mask the noise from the exhaust just a bit ;). Thanks for the video & photos.

LOL!! Well, we do have new tires that we'll be installing soon. Maybe we can revisit this and add another clip then.

Is there a difference in weight? If so how much? Sorry if it was already asked I didn't see it. Great video!!

Weight? As in this whole kit versus another?

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Well, we do have new tires that we'll be installing soon. Maybe we can revisit this and add another clip then.

Weight? As in this whole kit versus another?

Versus the stock exhaust system?I thought you would ask lol my bad.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Versus the stock? I thought you would ask lol my bad. Yes the whole kit.

LOL!! Compared to stock, the Dynomax kit is lighter and by quite a bit if for no other reason than the muffler is so much smaller. I think the race bullet is also smaller than the factory resonator but really, even the factory setup wasn't that heavy. Not like this kit will lighten up your Jeep.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Compared to stock, the Dynomax kit is lighter and by quite a bit if for no other reason than the muffler is so much smaller. I think the race bullet is also smaller than the factory resonator but really, even the factory setup wasn't that heavy. Not like this kit will lighten up your Jeep.

10-4 Eddie thanks for the reply back once again great video!

justtryingtolivd

Looks good, I just did the ultra flow on my 2011 jku, not sure how I like it so far, interested if Dynomax has something like this for the 3.8l

zombified

So as its sitting so far under the jeep, how are the fumes when you're sitting at a light or in traffic? Do they get up into the cab?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good, I just did the ultra flow on my 2011 jku, not sure how I like it so far, interested if Dynomax has something like this for the 3.8l

Again, as I had mentioned in my first post, we ran a Dynomax Ultra Flo Evolution Competition exhaust system back when we were still running a 3.8 motor on Moby and really liked it. We just didn't like it on Rubicat which has a 3.6L motor.

So as its sitting so far under the jeep, how are the fumes when you're sitting at a light or in traffic? Do they get up into the cab?

Again, we've been running this setup on both our JK's for years and we've never had an issue with fumes.

Havoc40

If you google Dynomax 39535, there's a few places $120-$170 cheaper than Summit. Albeit, I've never purchased from any of them...

I ended up piecing mine together with the part numbers included in this kit, because I also wanted to dump it short. As long as Eddie is cool with it, I'll post those part numbers if anybody else is interested in doing the same. No reason to spend $$ on the tail pipe and chrome tip. My guess is Dynomax will end up offering an option like this anyway.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

Awesome. I saw the tire delivery in the other thread, that's why I brought it up. :thumb:

More than likely it'll solidify my decision to get this system when the time comes. Also it's for selfish reasons... I always like it when a WAL YouTube video is posted. Hahah

Here are the parts used in the "pre dump" 2012+ QuietCrawler system
:beer:

PN 52561 (x1) This is the intermediate pipe coming off the y-pipe
PN 17283 (x1) This is the Ultra Flo Welded offset/center
PN 24246 (x1) This is the Race Bullet
PN 41094 (x1) This is the 2.5” turn down.

Need some clamps (2.5”) and a small piece of tubing to “balance” between the two mufflers.
Only works on a 4 door only, this is for a 3.6, the hangers on the 3.8 are in a different location.

The one part that might slow down the DIY aspect is the intermediate pipe, everything else is "off the shelf"

If you google Dynomax 39535, there's a few places $120-$170 cheaper than Summit. Albeit, I've never purchased from any of them...

I ended up piecing mine together with the part numbers included in this kit, because I also wanted to dump it short. As long as Eddie is cool with it, I'll post those part numbers if anybody else is interested in doing the same. No reason to spend $$ on the tail pipe and chrome tip. My guess is Dynomax will end up offering an option like this anyway.

Last edited:

whispike

Summit says they have a low price guarantee so maybe they will price match.

Colorado Dude

We've never had a problem with exhaust getting inside and we've been running this setup for about 8 years on Moby and pretty much ever since we got Rubicat back in 2012.

With a 3.8L, we never felt there was a drone or at least, not the way we could clearly hear on a 3.6L.

Thank you for the excellent write up, pics, and video. It defiantly helps me make my mind up with what system I would like to run. My only question is also along the lines of exhaust smell. I run most of the summer doorless and topless do you notice the smell/fumes when sitting still (waiting at a light or in traffic etc....)? I'm just concerned about the pre axle dump and my passengers in the rear seats.

Thanks!

Havoc40

Mine will be here Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, rocking no muffler. Some interesting tones around 3,000 RPM :crazyeyes:

20160303_182338.jpg

Last edited:

WarriorJeep

I think i'm going to have to give this a go, perhaps after, or during EJS if Dynomax is there and has some for sale. I definitely need to lose the stock exhaust

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the excellent write up, pics, and video. It defiantly helps me make my mind up with what system I would like to run. My only question is also along the lines of exhaust smell. I run most of the summer doorless and topless do you notice the smell/fumes when sitting still (waiting at a light or in traffic etc....)? I'm just concerned about the pre axle dump and my passengers in the rear seats.

Thanks!

I run half doors on Moby with the uppers out most of the year. I run Rubicat doorless all summer. I have not had any issues with fumes nor have rear passengers ever complained about it. I should note that I had to modify this kit to dump before the rear axle. The actual kit dumps at the back bumper.

sjd78

Can anyone confirm that this kit wont work with an EVO evap skid plate? Matt at Dynomax said they ran into trouble with a Poison Spyder evap skid and believes it will be an issue with the EVO unit as well. I'm just looking to confirm this as they are slightly different. Thanks!

Top Bottom