Dynomax JK Wrangler QuietCrawler Exhaust Installed on RUBICAT w/EVO Lever System

Bigjimbo

Any thoughts on pairing this up with an exhaust loop delete up front?

Also I noticed that there isn't any heat shielding above the muffler. Is the floor getting hot at all?

Last edited:
Not at this time honestly. After talking with the Jeep engineers when the 3.6 was launched our engineers decided not to touch the loop.
In regards to heat, I have never noticed any heat build up over the years located there.

Any thoughts on pairing this up with an exhaust loop delete up front?

Also I noticed that there isn't any heat shielding above the muffler. Is the floor getting hot at all?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not at this time honestly. After talking with the Jeep engineers when the 3.6 was launched our engineers decided not to touch the loop.
In regards to heat, I have never noticed any heat build up over the years located there.

I think that is a smart call. Replacing the front driveshaft for lift clearance is a much better way to go than messing around with the loop.

Jeepfan30

Nice review and great pictures. I agree completely, the sound is a nice growl when you get on it but totally quiet otherwise. I've got about 600 mi on mine now, and it seems to be a little more growly under load, which I'm really starting to like.

This looks and sounds like a great set up! Can you confirm that there is no drone, or is there light drone at certain speeds? If there is very minor drone I can deal with that, heavy drone makes my OCD kick in. Thanks,

Havoc40

Installed mine tonight, and I'm very pleased with it! Especially after driving around with no muffler the last few days. I'm going to weld everything now that it's mocked up. Well, everything but the Y connection.

20160309_204423.jpg

bouche03

Eddie, I notice you are running all factory skids from the TC back...are you running anything north of the TC? Engine/oil pan such as EVO Protek? TY!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, I notice you are running all factory skids from the TC back...are you running anything north of the TC? Engine/oil pan such as EVO Protek? TY!!!

Yes. We are running an EVO oil pan and transmission skid. We are also running a Poison Spyder HD cross member but then, that's not really a skid :)

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Installed mine tonight, and I'm very pleased with it! Especially after driving around with no muffler the last few days. I'm going to weld everything now that it's mocked up. Well, everything but the Y connection.

Looks nice. I think this is the route I'll go. Not really wanting a loud exhaust on this JK. I'd like to go the same route and just weld everything aft of the Y-pipe connection.

Havoc40

Looks nice. I think this is the route I'll go. Not really wanting a loud exhaust on this JK. I'd like to go the same route and just weld everything aft of the Y-pipe connection.

It's definitely quiet. Still has a nice little rumble, though. Dumping it short takes a little work as it's supposed to route all the way to the bumper. You'll need a hanger for the rear portion. I welded one to the cross member and to the top of the bullet muffler. I also opted to cut down the intermediate pipe that goes in between the 2 mufflers, which takes out about 2-3" of length. I bought a turn down but, the exhaust wasn't being routed like I wanted so just used the supplied fancy tip. Can't see it, it just looked good on the hoist :yup:

Benito

Caught the Bug
New Sound Clips

I got some sound clips of my setup. In the videos I am running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Bestop Trektop, full doors, windows up. I ordered the muffler and resonator/race bullet and had a muffler shop hack up my Magnaflow axle drop kit to get the rest of the parts needed. The dump/resonator/muffler/S-pipe are welded together and clamped to the y pipe. The guy for it all done in about 30 minutes.

First video I'm cruising at ~70mph in 5th, shift into 6th and then shift back down till I get to third.

Second video I begin with a hard acceleration till i reach the end of the road turn around and do a pass at a moderate acceleration

Last edited:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
With all the wheeling you do, that's the cleanest undercarriage I have ever seen. Not to mention the exhaust system looks and sounds very good. And, as always, thank you for sharing.

CJW

Here are the parts used in the "pre dump" 2012+ QuietCrawler system
:beer:

PN 52561 (x1) This is the intermediate pipe coming off the y-pipe
PN 17283 (x1) This is the Ultra Flo Welded offset/center
PN 24246 (x1) This is the Race Bullet
PN 41094 (x1) This is the 2.5” turn down.

Need some clamps (2.5”) and a small piece of tubing to “balance” between the two mufflers.
Only works on a 4 door only, this is for a 3.6, the hangers on the 3.8 are in a different location.

The one part that might slow down the DIY aspect is the intermediate pipe, everything else is "off the shelf"

Do you guys happen to have an intermediate pipe with an exhaust hanger on it already?

Havoc40

Do you guys happen to have an intermediate pipe with an exhaust hanger on it already?

They didn't when I tried to piece mine together. Ended up buying the full kit and modifying it to dump short. Even knowing people who work there didn't help me lol

CJW

They didn't when I tried to piece mine together. Ended up buying the full kit and modifying it to dump short. Even knowing people who work there didn't help me lol

Cool. With the full kit, Do u think u could make the exhaust dump behind the axle, i.e. Cut the pipe short so it doesn't hang below the bumper? Does that make any sense???
I don't have a lever set up so I can still afford to go all the way back but I still want it tucked up out of the way and not seen.

Havoc40

Cool. With the full kit, Do u think u could make the exhaust dump behind the axle, i.e. Cut the pipe short so it doesn't hang below the bumper? Does that make any sense???
I don't have a lever set up so I can still afford to go all the way back but I still want it tucked up out of the way and not seen.

If you go back to page 7, you'll see mine done this way. I originally ordered all the pieces but couldn't get the intermediate pipe. So I ended up with the full kit instead.

CJW

If you go back to page 7, you'll see mine done this way. I originally ordered all the pieces but couldn't get the intermediate pipe. So I ended up with the full kit instead.

Understood. Just wondering about the shape of the tail pipe and making it dump behind the rear axle instead of in front like u did. Thanks for the feedback though! [emoji106]
Edit: never mind. I just re-read the post from dynomax releasing it. Some one asked the same thing. Dynomax showed a pic leaving the tip off the tail pipe. Let's it exit the rear but not really be seen and still keeps it tucked up. Think that's what I'll do then [emoji106]

Last edited:

CookieMonsterJK

I ordered the parts off summit racing and the PN 52561 (x1) intermediate pipe coming off the y-pipe has been canceled by the manufacturer. The email is below. Is there a new part number or is the item just out of stock?

This e-mail has been sent in reference to your current order of part number, WLK-52561 EXHAUST PIPE

Unfortunately, we have just been advised by the manufacturer that this item has been cancelled per the manufacturer has no inventory. Due to this new information, we will be unable to supply this part and had to cancel the part off the order. Unfortunately, we were not given an estimated date of when these would be available.

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered the parts off summit racing and the PN 52561 (x1) intermediate pipe coming off the y-pipe has been canceled by the manufacturer. The email is below. Is there a new part number or is the item just out of stock?

This e-mail has been sent in reference to your current order of part number, WLK-52561 EXHAUST PIPE

Unfortunately, we have just been advised by the manufacturer that this item has been cancelled per the manufacturer has no inventory. Due to this new information, we will be unable to supply this part and had to cancel the part off the order. Unfortunately, we were not given an estimated date of when these would be available.

Private Message Dynomax here on the forum. He'll be able to clarify.

swampdog

Private Message Dynomax here on the forum. He'll be able to clarify.

They were re-configuring this system as of 2 weeks ago and so they have no stock. They hope to be completing the rest fit up and replenishing stock in the near future.

Top Bottom