Good Bye

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for adding the truss during the swap?

It keeps the axle from bending but my Cherokee is pretty light so that shouldn't be a problem. It also helps keep the axle tubes from spinning because it has to move both at the same time. I welded the tubes to the housing just to make sure this wouldn't happen as it is common with the 8.8 axle. The truss came with the brackets in the swap kit which was a deal I couldn't pass up. Plus they look cool and make you feel safe. :) I hope I answered your question.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The 8.8 is stronger than the dana 44 by about 30%, plus it has bigger bearings and ring and pinion, and is pretty easy to put in a YJ if you are still SUA. Do what works best for you. Good luck finding a Dana 44 :)

Hey I hope you don't mind but I removed your embedded link to another forum. If you wish to share any info it would be appreciated if you copy it over to here.

Hey I hope you don't mind but I removed your embedded link to another forum. If you wish to share any info it would be appreciated if you copy it over to here.
Heaven forbid there be more than one forum in the world.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Heaven forbid you read the rules

CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER JEEP RELATED FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other Jeep related forums, facebook pages, Google+, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I agree but sadly there are. Many with terrible information too. But with your help we can collectively gather all of the good info too one place and not have to shift through the rubbish that is out there.

I agree but sadly there are. Many with terrible information too. But with your help we can collectively gather all of the good info too one place and not have to shift through the rubbish that is out there.

I just did want to make the thread really long with information that some may not want to read. Hence the link that they could follow if desired.
I didn't mean to break a rule. I didn't know it was forbidden. I meant to be helpful.

Heaven forbid you read the rules

CAN I POST LINKS OR DIRECT MEMBERS TO OTHER JEEP RELATED FORUMS, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE CHANNELS OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES?
No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other Jeep related forums, facebook pages, Google+, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content

Any link at all is soliciting something. Almost everything could be considered jeep related. the link was information about a Ford. Maybe they should remove that feature from the site as not to allow members to break said rule. Just an idea.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any link at all is soliciting something. Almost everything could be considered jeep related. the link was information about a Ford. Maybe they should remove that feature from the site as not to allow members to break said rule. Just an idea.

It was directing someone to another jeep forum which violates the rules. Learn to read

thardy

Banned
XJ Dana 35 to Ford 8.8 Swap

It keeps the axle from bending but my Cherokee is pretty light so that shouldn't be a problem. It also helps keep the axle tubes from spinning because it has to move both at the same time. I welded the tubes to the housing just to make sure this wouldn't happen as it is common with the 8.8 axle. The truss came with the brackets in the swap kit which was a deal I couldn't pass up. Plus they look cool and make you feel safe. :) I hope I answered your question.

Ok, so it actually has nothing to do with the actual swap. I couldn't think of a reason to need one when staying with the leaf spring setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, unlike some people who chose to stay at home and playing on the internet over a holiday weekend, Cindy and I were up in the mountains spending our time with friends. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised to see the following PM's and after catching up on things, decided they needed to be posted up here. Here's the first one I got from this guy.

Pinoy59 said:
What is the WAYALIFE.com policy on profanity? I have seen other forums automatically edit profanity, but was unsure of the policy of this forum. I was under the impression that this was a family friendly site, meaning I could let my children read WAYALIFE.com content (other than "the 8th slot", said to be the "adult" section), but after seeing a moderatorator's signature I am doubting that now. I know you are a busy man and thank you for your time.

Seemed reasonable enough to me and at least he was polite but when I didn't respond to him in a timely manner - you know, like an hour, he sent this follow up.

Pinoy59 said:
Hey Eddie,
After being attacked (trolled) by a few administrators I regret to inform you that I will not be returning to this site and will not recommend this site to any of my friends or fellow Jeepers at the chance that they will be treated as I have been. I expected admisitrators to be mature people, but have found otherwise, resorting to insults and name calling like little children. I am only writing this to you so that you can correct the problem if you see fit. I don't think this reflects on you and your character but is your responsibility as owner of the site. I understand that keeping track of everything every member says is a daunting task but when one (or multiple) of the few administrators does something so blatantly against the rules, the problem needs to be handled. I wish you the best and hope to see you on the trails.

Feel free to contact me at ..... Text or call is fine.
I most likely won't respond to a PM on here.

"Keep the shiney side up, all 4 on the floor and with any luck i will see you on the trail" :)

In the mean time, he apparently reported several posts to complain about moderators swearing at him and then tried to edit out all his posts so that people couldn't see what really happened. At this point and time, his account was "suspsended" - NOT "banned" like he'll try to tell you and there is a difference. This was done to prevent him from editing out his posts and hiding what really happened. Because of it, the following email was sent to me.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:10 PM
To: webmaster@wayalife.com
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Banned

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by Pinoy59 ( mailto:kallam_kruse@hotmail.com ).

--------------------------------

I had hoped to delete my posts before I was banned so that the administrators would not be able to troll me more. But thus is life. I know I didn't do anything wrong and am happy to leave but know that the problem is with you not me. Any one who looks at what happened could plainly see that.

Referring Page:
IP Address: 174.24.58.58
User Name: Pinoy59
User ID: 25845

And then, when I didn't get back to him because, you know, I was being so unreasonable by having fun with friends up in the mountain on a holiday weekend, he sent me the follow up email shortly there after.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2016 7:50 PM
To: webmaster@wayalife.com
Subject: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us Form - Suspended

The following message was sent to you via the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum Contact Us form by Pinoy59 ( mailto:kallam_kruse@hotmail.com ).

Hello, I would like my case reviewed. I did brake a rule but it was on accident and was corrected immediately. I feel like the administrators were attacking me openly on the forum so I messaged them and tried to work it out. I did not respond to their childish attacks becuase that is not the right thing to do and I didn't want to fill my thread with a bunch of drama. Shortly after that I was suspended for the rule violation (which happened a couple months ago). I would like to not be suspended anymore. Please email me at Kallam_kruse@.... Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Referring Page:
IP Address: 174.24.58.58
User Name: Pinoy59
User ID: 25845

This morning, I just started to catch up on my emails and all the silliness that went on over the holiday weekend when I got a YouTube notice of possible spam.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Guess what I should have learned from all this is to never get out in my Jeep and spend a holiday weekend with friends because sensitive grown men will get butthurt on the internet and blame me for it if I do :rolleyes2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! Just as I was posting all this, I got another YouTube notice from this guy...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467736635.869909.jpg

Again, all my fault for him getting butt hurt and to the point where he feels the need to troll my YouTube channel.

Top Bottom