How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

FallonJeeper

I got pulled over in my old TJ, when we lived in PA. I had a pair of driving lights that were really blue. The officer wanted to give me a ticket soooo badly, but he couldn't find the vehicle code that prohibited it.

I got pulled over in my JK. I got behind a driver doing 10 under the posted limit. So when I was able to, safely, I passed him in a 35 MPH zone. The deputy tried to claim that I exceeded the speed limit while passing, and that I really didn't know my speed because of my over sized tires. When I explained the formula I used for calculating actual speed vs. indicated speed, he was convinced. He was clocking one of us at 35, and assumed it was the slower moving vehicle, and that I must have exceeded the speed limit, because I passed. I asked him to show me my speed on the radar. He couldn't, so he had to let me go.

Dustless

Zero!! In my jeep in the year I have had it.

Now in my first car my Honda crx or my second car dodge neon that's a totally different story!

Deuane

Since I have my Jeep JK, I have never got pull over, It does not have the power like a mustang GT, which I use to have and got a quite a few tickets... TX have a 80-85 mph sign on I10 or I20, which my Jeep can not even get to that speed on a highway with a 3.5inch lift and 35 inch tire..
I am glad that I drive a Jeep, if not I would got a few more ticket of the traffic cop hidden, wanting to give tickets...

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Colorado Springs 1976. Was passing through an intersection and didn't see the cop on the side street. I was showing off and laid down a power darkie through the intersection with my '48 street rod flattie. The cop was very cool and after we talked about his CJ, he sentenced me to listen to a lecture about a "demonstration of speed." In C Springs today it would be "cuff him and stuff him!" Nothing to report since then. In the jeep that is.

familytime2

Never got pulled over but when the wife takes the jeep to work she gets a lot of lookie lous from law enforcement,fire,medical response.Being a nurse something to expect

JKBANDIT55

Well one night, in my old 07 JK. It was My gf and I and my buddy and his gf. We went out and me and the buddy ended up too drunk to drive. So I let my GF drive us to where we were headed next.. THE STRIP CLUB. haha. Well on the way we noticed a nice lifted jeep about 1 street light up so like I always do, I told the gf to catch up to it so we can check it out. Next thing you know we get nabbed by the DPD...

He comes up to the door and says " do you know what you did worng" my gf replies no officer. he says" you were speeding to try and catch that other jeep weren't you" she looks down and says yeah.. He then says yup, I do it all the time. He then asked what mods were on the jeep, thats when I jumped in:yup:. He then knew I was the owner and blamed me for making her speed up to see the jeep, but he also thanked me for not taking the wheel. He gave me his SN to another forum he was on and let us go with a warning. I messaged him and we have since been wheeling twice! He has an 08 JKUR 3.5" TF with 37" MTRKs. Very cool dude.

94YJBeaver

I have only been pulled over once...A state trooper spotted me heading back to the pavement so he turned around to pull me over...His reason was that I did not have a front license plate...BUT the real reason was he looking to see if I had been drinking...Which I had not...So he let me go with a warning...

DA RUNT

Just once, only a couple blocks from my house. He just wanted to know where I got bumpers. I thought he was pulling me over cause I rolled through a stop sign. Good thing I didn't start confessing huh Eddie lol

Skirmish

Haven't gotten lit yet but a lot of the rural cops get curious and make me nervous. We were on the side of the road waiting for the tail to catch up and Metro out in Goodsprings rolled up to ask how the trails were. I wasn't sure if he was fishing or not so I was guarded till he started telling stories. Nice guy thankfully.

Nevada is pretty relaxed as far as road laws so I always worry crossing borders. I sweat everything in CA and fenders in UT. I was at a red light in Big Bear afraid to move with a cop next to me. Couldn't remember if right on red was legal down there and was sweating that not moving was drawing attention to my less than legal rig. Not that most of us could really be inconspicuous on the road.

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Oh no, now you just can't put that out there and hope we'll just be okay with it - let's hear the rest :D

mcpuck said:
Yea there are rules against starting a story, leaving a hook, and not finishing it.:yup: Bring it! :thumb:

That's what I thought too. Then figured it had to be something "illegal" in California but not other places. Cough, cough. ;)

White_JKU

I think I may be the only cop in the site and I can honestly say that 90% of cops are good down to earth ppl and the violators attitude pretty much determines whether or not a citation is issued. I can proudly say that I have never written any jeeper any citations!!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I think I may be the only cop in the site and I can honestly say that 90% of cops are good down to earth ppl and the violators attitude pretty much determines whether or not a citation is issued. I can proudly say that I have never written any jeeper any citations!!!

There's a couple of LEO's on here.

Hightower

Okay, here's one where I didn't actually get lit up but, still ended up having a chat with the CHP. :D

On the way out to our annual end of summer party up in the mountains, I noticed a CHP officer sitting on the side of the highway looking for someone to nab. Steady in our lane and doing the speed limit, I was hoping that he'd think nothing of us but, soon after passing him, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw he had pulled out with a purpose and was heading our way. One by one, I watched with grief as the officer passed up each Jeep in our caravan. When he caught up to us, he pulled along side and the officer started to make a motion with his hand that I thought was a signal to "pull over". Assuming the worst, I got ready to do just that when much to my surprise, the CHP suddenly slowed up and made a U-turn - what a relief!

After meeting up with a few other friends and topping off our tanks at a gas station near by, I just happened to see a black and white car pulling off the highway and heading right for us. Of course, as the car got closer, I noticed that it was in fact the exact same CHP from earlier that morning and after coming to a stop, the officer inside got out and started walking right for our JK. At the time, I was standing in front of the mini-mart and was at least a good 40 feet away and in the middle of a small crowd but, as soon as the officer saw me, he changed course and marched on over. Holding my breath and expecting the worst, I was stupefied to hear him say... "hey - I'm sorry about what happened earlier, I wasn't trying to freak you out... I've seen all your videos and love them - I just wanted to say hello."

Go figure :whew::crazyeyes: :D :cool:

Lol

I have only been pulled over once in the JK by her majesty royal canadian mounted police it was 2 or 3 in the am and I was weaving around a wee bit. I think he thought I had been drinking but I was screwing with my iPod. He did give my rig the once over but since a farmer can drive a combine (harvester) on the highway i don't think there's much you can't drive down the road.

Top Bottom