How Many Times have you been Pulled Over in Your Jeep?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lol

I have only been pulled over once in the JK by her majesty royal canadian mounted police it was 2 or 3 in the am and I was weaving around a wee bit. I think he thought I had been drinking but I was screwing with my iPod. He did give my rig the once over but since a farmer can drive a combine (harvester) on the highway i don't think there's much you can't drive down the road.

Man, that must have been one fast horse.
:cheesy:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I think I may be the only cop in the site and I can honestly say that 90% of cops are good down to earth ppl and the violators attitude pretty much determines whether or not a citation is issued. I can proudly say that I have never written any jeeper any citations!!!

I agree. You should start a "How many times have you pulled someone over and have them act like YOU did something wrong" thread ;)

Hammerman

I had just finished the Rubicon trail. It was afternoon, and I was headed back from the Tahoe side, when I noticed that I had a bent steering stabilizer. The turns were a bit difficult to make. Being not far from my Ma’s house in Pleasant Valley, I was going to make it there, order some parts and make some repairs. As it happens the CHP had other ideas. I pulled to the side of the road and I started to get my drivers license out. Oops!! It was under my driver’s seat. Not wanting to look like I was trying to grab something, I just put my hands on the steering wheel and waited. The CHP officer walked up and asked me if I had been drinking (because of the damaged steering stabilizer I suppose). I said no. We talked for a few minutes and he asked if I would step out of the jeep. I did, and we walked back to his patrol car. Again, he asked if I had been drinking, and again I said I had not. He ask if my passenger had been drinking. I told him neither one of us drink and drive (or wheel). Then he asked if I would take a breathalyzer test. I told him OK. He reached into his patrol car, took out something with a plastic tube on it, and asked me to blow on it. :idontknow: Never, ever having had such a test in my life, I kind of blew at it from about 6 inches away. He said that wasn’t the way to do that! I had to put my lips on it! Well, my reaction was “Do what?!?” After he explained why, I finished up with the test. He finally said “You haven’t been drinking!” He then asked where I was going. I told him “Just down the road to Pleasant Valley”. After all was said and done, the officer was kind enough to let me go with just a verbal warning.
(There IS more to the story but, since its California, I’ll hold off on the last part.)

Now for the Texas version:
After the breathalyzer test, the Office said “We might as well do this right” and asked for my drivers license. I had to tell him that it was under the seat along with my 9mm, which is why I had put my hands on the steering wheel. I told the Officer that the gun was unloaded and that the ammo was locked up in the glove compartment (as per California law, 2011, concerning the transportation of a hand gun in a vehicle). The Officer then asked for the gun and I handed it to him along with my license. He took my gun and drivers license, back to the patrol car. Meanwhile, my cousin told me that HE would have to drive my Jeep back while I went to jail. I told him “No way! I was within the law.” Sure enough, the Officer came back, returned my license and other property, and told me to drive carefully and have a good day.

rfoust

Only had my jeep for 2 months, haven't been stopped yet. Also if you aren't using Waze (if you have an iPhone), you should get it -- it's a free gps nav app, and is crowd-sourced, and tells you when police are ahead as long as someone has reported it :) It's saved my butt a few times...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Only had my jeep for 2 months, haven't been stopped yet. Also if you aren't using Waze (if you have an iPhone), you should get it -- it's a free gps nav app, and is crowd-sourced, and tells you when police are ahead as long as someone has reported it :) It's saved my butt a few times...

If I'm not doing anything illegal I don't have to worry about the police ahead. :thumb:

jeepwolf

pulled over thee times, once for not having a front bumper and to wide of tires with no flares, another for my breather tube for my diff hanging, and another because the cop didnt think i had a muffler, i have a glasspack on my I6 and it is quite loud

GetOut

I think I may be the only cop in the site and I can honestly say that 90% of cops are good down to earth ppl and the violators attitude pretty much determines whether or not a citation is issued. I can proudly say that I have never written any jeeper any citations!!!

FED LEO here, and I agree with you 100%.

However in this instance like many other scenarios in life we tend to remember the bad experiences much more vividly than the good experiences. Plus me saying I got pulled over doing 63 in a 55 and was simply told to take it a little slower is not near as interesting as the story I posted above.

awinski

got pulled over for the first time the other day on the way to school. simply wasn't paying attention going 48 in a 35 right after a 45mph zone. got what i deserved it was 5:50 in the morning and i just wasn't thinking. oh well

ssh6314

Never in my JK...Yet

But in my WJ, all the time -.- for stupid random stuff, muffler to loud, tire size, etc.

Most notable being 2am, get off work, Sheriff follows me out of the parking lot....as soon as I hit the street, he flips his lights. No ticket, but a warning sheet which consisted of: no mud flaps/bumper to bottom tire distance, aftermarket muffler, muffler to loud ( flowmaster ), Tires sticking out past wheel well.

Literally 45 seconds later I get on the interstate, didn't even get the 4.7 up to 55mph, stater pulls me over, game me an identical warning list, explained how my tires where throwing the great Washington rain all over his car and it was dangerous, blah blah blah, and told me it was the only lifted WJ he'd ever seen ;).

Last edited:

Hell_Fire

Once for speeding, but only got a warning, and a few times after that but just cos the guys wanted to have a closer look at the mods and to take some pics.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Got pulled over just a few weeks ago, Officer asked if I was drunk!:crazy_eyes: I Said NO, then he said you were swerving allot.:driving: I said my JEEP wanders all over the road, and then he let me go! :thinking:,,, I was on my way to work night shift.:whew:

munstie

Have yet to be pulled over in the Jeep. But the last cop that pulled me over had the personality of a door mat couldn't find a current insurance card, then remembered there was one in my wallet walked it back to him and he proceeds to tell me he was gonna write me a ticket for no insurance, but beings I now had proof, he was writing me the speeding ticket after all.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

07tungsten

Haven't gotten pulled over yet! But I suppose you have to speed first and well I enjoy driving my jeep so much I tend to drive slower than I do in my other vehicles.

Blonda

Got pulled over a couple months ago going out to the desert to camp. Frank was way ahead of me in the RV and I drove by a Sheriff pulling out of a side street...he turned in my direction and I had a feeling he was going to pull me over...he did.

He walked up and said he was pulling me over for no front license plate and no 3rd brake light (we were sans tire carrier at the time). But then he said "but really I just pulled you over to talk about your awesome Jeep!" Then proceded to stand there for about 10 minutes asking me all sorts of questions. Turns out he has a LJ.

I told him I thought he was going to pull me over for no mud flaps...then he looks and said "yeah...I could technically pull you over for those as well. I have metal clokes on my LJ and I don't have mud flaps either. I also don't have a front license plate...or a tire carrier/brake light either!" and he starts laughing. He said "that rear brake light gets people every time...you should see the look on their faces."

Anyway..he was a nice guy. Pretty funny though.

jjparker3

Si e un Jeep Americano

I live in Italy and I've been pulled over by the Polizia, Carabinieri and the Guardia di Finanzia in my 2011 JK not less than 10 times. Not because I'm doing anything wrong, but they are interested in the Jeep. They sell Wranglers in Italy, but only a diesel version and they way things are going over here economically, not many Italians can afford to customize their vehicles. Add to that a 35% import tax on everything they order on-line. So my modestly modified JK gets a little bit of attention. The normal dialog goes something like this:

Cop: (translated) Good morning
Me: Good morning
Cop: Is this your car? May I have your documents?
Me: Yes. One moment
Cop: What is this?
Me: My registration. It looks different because it's American
Cop: You're American? Do you work for NATO
Me: Yes, at the airport.
Cop: This an American Jeep?
Me: Yes.
Cop: How much does it cost?
Me: In Italy or the USA?
Cop: Both
Me: 40,000 euro in Italy and $28,000 in America
COP: $%$@$# 40,000 Euro! Why does it cost twice as much in Italy.
Me: It's better in the USA!
Cop: It's unleaded?
Me: Yes, 3.8 liter
Cop: $#@$%@%. That's huge.
Cop: Have a good day. I need to go to America!

It's the same every time :yup:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I live in Italy and I've been pulled over by the Polizia, Carabinieri and the Guardia di Finanzia in my 2011 JK not less than 10 times. Not because I'm doing anything wrong, but they are interested in the Jeep. They sell Wranglers in Italy, but only a diesel version and they way things are going over here economically, not many Italians can afford to customize their vehicles. Add to that a 35% import tax on everything they order on-line. So my modestly modified JK gets a little bit of attention. The normal dialog goes something like this:

:cheesy: Thats funny!

Dustless

Just think if you had a jeep like eddies how often you would get stopped lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom