Jeep introduces Gorilla glass

Seahawkfan

Hooked
We're talking about a safety feature not ceramic paint protection, I would expect the same if it were brakes or anything else related that was improved after production. And I bet you're one of those guys that probably accepts the, "It's a Jeep thing", and spouts that to others when they have problems. Why were there so many upgrades to the JL if there weren't lessons learned from the JK and it's consumers providing feedback? The only way help Jeep/FIAT improve is to let your voice be heard just like the LiteBrite girl and looked what happend, Gorilla glass! Maybe you think that's too much for a consumer to ask on a $55K Rubicon when Mopar immediately comes out with a better windshield? You wouldn't feel a little ripped off if that was you? As far as the "upgrade", that's my exact point, it shouldn't be an upgrade it should be the new standard and LiteBrite did the right thing now the consumers need to force the push for future gen Jeeps. People that push big companies to force even the smallest change brought you the new JL and it will bring the industry Gorilla glass as a standard in the future just like cell phones.

Seriously??? The windshields are already safety glass. We are talking fucking rock chips here. Not catastrophic failure. And the JK wasn't upgraded with the JL it was updated as with all models of vehicles.

Ddays

Hooked
Yea if they add more angle, then it really wouldn't be a Wrangler anymore. That's the design of a Wrangler since what ? 1941 It's not HIS design it's the design of a Jeep Wrangler just modern.:beer:

Seriously??? The windshields are already safety glass. We are talking fucking rock chips here. Not catastrophic failure. And the JK wasn't upgraded with the JL it was updated as with all models of vehicles.

:cheesy: From beers to what the fuck is wrong with you. Sorry, but its humorous seeing others lose their patience with stubborn people...

Seahawkfan

Hooked
:cheesy: From beers to what the fuck is wrong with you. Sorry, but its humorous seeing others lose their patience with stubborn people...

Yea I tried to do the PC thing, But then the ME came out. All I want in a windshield is the "little jeep" in the corner.:rock:

WhiteMetal

Haha I wish Canada had real money 500 for gorilla glass, I just got a new windshield in jl and the stealership quoted me $1000, we laughed, then got one for $350 at local glass shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nosduj

This thread has been such a fun read, needless to say I’ll stick to my nags safety glass for now. Thanks for an entertaining read :clap2:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We're talking about a safety feature not ceramic paint protection, I would expect the same if it were brakes or anything else related that was improved after production. And I bet you're one of those guys that probably accepts the, "It's a Jeep thing", and spouts that to others when they have problems. Why were there so many upgrades to the JL if there weren't lessons learned from the JK and it's consumers providing feedback? The only way help Jeep/FIAT improve is to let your voice be heard just like the LiteBrite girl and looked what happend, Gorilla glass! Maybe you think that's too much for a consumer to ask on a $55K Rubicon when Mopar immediately comes out with a better windshield? You wouldn't feel a little ripped off if that was you? As far as the "upgrade", that's my exact point, it shouldn't be an upgrade it should be the new standard and LiteBrite did the right thing now the consumers need to force the push for future gen Jeeps. People that push big companies to force even the smallest change brought you the new JL and it will bring the industry Gorilla glass as a standard in the future just like cell phones.

Why would anyone buy a new vehicle if it isn’t a upgrade from the previous model?

Does it hurt when you think ?

JAGS

Hooked
That’s all I’m trying to point out to this dude. It’s not standard across the board. Why would manufactures eat the extra cost? If we want the upgrade we have to pay. I’m not seeing his argument.

The Ford starts at $450,000 and the Bimmer starts at $145,000.....

WTF. Can you please provide scientific research to your claim...

Is it not in fact Beamer. Or beemer. But bimmer?

Disclaimer: my stock JK windshield has three chips that have been “repaired.” 85k miles. 2012.

But back to the main issue at hand. I would like to submit exhibit A. Even google can’t get this shit straight! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

IMG_5763.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I admit that I just got around to catching up on this thread today and now I regret it. I think my IQ just dropped a few points from reading some of the responses. :icon_crazy:

longarmwj

WTF. Can you please provide scientific research to your claim...

Is it not in fact Beamer. Or beemer. But bimmer?

Disclaimer: my stock JK windshield has three chips that have been “repaired.” 85k miles. 2012.

But back to the main issue at hand. I would like to submit exhibit A. Even google can’t get this shit straight! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 310380

From what I’ve been told by BMW people, Bimmer is in reference to their cars, and Beemer is in reference to their bikes.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
It's a windshield, made of glass. We all know the angle of the Wrangler's windshield makes it more prone to chips and cracks. I'm my 20 years on the road I've been fortunate enough to only suffer one chip on my old truck. You make it seem like a single piece of pea gravel is going to cause the JK/JL's windshield to explode into plate glass like shards and kill them instantly. Want it the industry standard cool, be ready for all vehicle price tags to increase accordingly. All windshields are glass and glass cracks. Doesn't matter if it's gorilla, giraffe, or mouse glass. It can still break.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not just the angle but the size and lack of curvature. Larger more curved screens can take a serious hit without breaking. My grand Cherokee got hit by a rock so big I saw it coming from 50m away and watched the whole screen reverberate. Came away with only a minor chip.

On the JK I had a tiny pebble hit it and couldn’t see the chip but woke up the next morning to a 9” crack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom