Jeep JK Wrangler Steering Attenuator BUY THIS NOW

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
You can post up any product you want that you think will help somebody out. You're catching shit because all you said was "BUY THIS NOW" with no reasonable explanation except "i'll post up tomorrow". No pics, nothing. Half of us don't even know what the hell this thing you're talking about is. And you're not making it any clearer. Why not post that part of your build so we have context. Or wait until your thread is up and then say something.

agreed.

i was an impatient child and made a post i could not substantiate with any data.

I APOLOGIZE WAYALIFE. but damn i near ran home to momma

jesse3638

Hooked
some people will test drive a jeep and be scarred from the experience. others like yourself and hopefully everyone on the forum, know what each and every component of the steering setup is.

MY jeep handled like a dream as well. what other cars have you owned or daily drive? no offense, subjectively, the jeep wrangler drives like shit.

its not a squishy rubber spring thing.
i still retain instant response and feedback from my steering.
i drove my 2012 sahara on 35s and 2.5 budget boost w/bilstein 5100, and it drove like a dream without the steering attenuator...but clearly with room to improve.

the jeep has room to improve.

If they test drive a Jeep and are "scarred" from the experience chances are they don't belong behind the wheel of one anyways. Its a jeep not a Honda Civic. If your steering is properly adjusted and your not running 50 PSI in your tires your Jeep will drive just like it should, a fully capable off road vehicle which gets shitty gas milage and actually requires one to "drive" not just point and shoot like most want. Society is getting soft, as noted by this dumb "steering attenuator". Harden the fuck up drive your Jeep like you are a man. In my opinion this is nothing more than Snake Oil suckering people like you into spending $120-$140 of your moms money, but hey its you're Jeep buy and run what you want. The intent of your original post appeared you were affiliated with a company which was already banned for pimping their shit. Don't like people on here calling it like they see it get lost and go back and play with your squishy rubber thing.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
If they test drive a Jeep and are "scarred" from the experience chances are they don't belong behind the wheel of one anyways. Its a jeep not a Honda Civic. If your steering is properly adjusted and your not running 50 PSI in your tires your Jeep will drive just like it should, a fully capable off road vehicle which gets shitty gas milage and actually requires one to "drive" not just point and shoot like most want. Society is getting soft, as noted by this dumb "steering attenuator". Harden the fuck up drive your Jeep like you are a man. In my opinion this is nothing more than Snake Oil suckering people like you into spending $120-$140 of your moms money, but hey its you're Jeep buy and run what you want. The intent of your original post appeared you were affiliated with a company which was already banned for pimping their shit. Don't like people on here calling it like they see it get lost and go back and play with your squishy rubber thing.

i agree society is getting soft, and im not one to back down but everyone was quick to judge. im hardened plenty and i got myself back in a jeep because i wanted to be in one.
this item is not snake oil, and actually works. have you held one? it sure doesnt feel squishy rubber thing like. it doesnt claim the world and provide nothing. it states what it does and it does it.

BTW my moms money is my money so deal with it lol i make my own money you fool...hers just helps

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
Yeah I like mine. It's worth the money. It keeps the steering nice and straight so your not fighting or white knuckling it during those windy days. Come on guys were all men here but, you know those damn crosswinds can be a mother when they hit you all of a sudden when your driving 70 or 80 down the interstate, or when that damn 18 wheeler damn near blows you off the road. This thing gives you back control of your jeep. It doesn't mask anything, it's like a shock absorber for your steering.

sorry but it is not like a shock absorber for your steering.

thank you,

this is the product, i just have yet to snap pics of my rig

BTW, is that picture of the unit torqued down... how did you get the torque wrench in there?!?!

Yes torqued down. I got it in there. The picture may be a little misleading , there is more space than what it looks like. Total installed and lining back up the steering took me a total of 45 minutes to do it.

By the way they changed the torque specs to 35lbs. Not sure if you know that of not.

sorry but it is not like a shock absorber for your steering.

I said its like a shock absorber not a actual shock absorber and what the hell you saying. You done a whole damn thread on a product and haven't even explained what the hell it does or provide any info on it. Unlike you I research my shit before I buy it, including contacting the manufacturer and asking questions about it. I don't just buy on whim and hope shit works out, I make my own damn money, and I work hard for it, and don't like to waste it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I watched both the install and the performance test videos and I am still a little sceptical as to what it helps. Are peoples hands really that soft now that holding a JK steering wheel hurts them?

I'm also not really keen on the fact that the "absorption" could be your steering inputs that are meant to travel straight to the wheel for instant response. Granted it isn't a lot of extra movement but that just doesn't seem safe. It could just be me, but I'm going to guess that is why Jeep engineers designed the stock drag link the way they did.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
No. You prove it does anything more than the stock steering stabilizer does. Which isn't a whole lot.

steering stabilizer is a totally different product.

this is in the direct steering path and although the test videos shows alot of flex, im sure it barely gets compressed much at all during daily driving.

its not like you turn the wheel and there is absorption and less response from the tires. misconception. all the steering input is the same on the wheel end of it.

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
I said its like a shock absorber not a actual shock absorber and what the hell you saying. You done a whole damn thread on a product and haven't even explained what the hell it does or provide any info on it. Unlike you I research my shit before I buy it, including contacting the manufacturer and asking questions about it. I don't just buy on whim and hope shit works out, I make my own damn money, and I work hard for it, and don't like to waste it.

i just meant to disagree in the fact it is like a shock absorber, i believe it acts in a completely different fashion then an actual stabilizer. i just thought if you threw like a shock absorber out there, it would be a whole other bashing.

trust me, i researched just like you and work damn hard for my money, so i didnt just say hey i want it... i knew exactly what it would do, had tons of questions, formed my own opinions and installed it, just like you..

didnt want to upset my only friend here...

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it sounds to me like you've just got a 5" lift kit with sub-standard ride/handling characteristics and this gimmicky steering stabilizer is just helping to mask some of it. But hey, that's just me.

As far as this thread goes, I honestly can't believe it didn't get caught by the spam filters :naw:

well its not spam, so im not surprised.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
That's what it is? Seems like a big waste of money to me. I highly doubt it actually does anything.

prove it.

if this thing was $25 everyone would have one. dont highly doubt it until you test it

Jouster,

So now you are asking someone to prove a negative? You are a total dumbfuck. Learn how to spell and take grammar lessons. The internet is chocked full of dumb asses and so if you could contribute by fixing yourself, that would be a good start. Thank you.

The reason why we seem a bit harsh is that we are here to help, not listen to stupid people explain faulty products that are not needed. OverlanderJK expressed his opinion and that from a lot of experience. YOU need to prove that it works. That is how reality works.

jesse3638

Hooked
I watched both the install and the performance test videos and I am still a little sceptical as to what it helps. Are peoples hands really that soft now that holding a JK steering wheel hurts them?

I'm also not really keen on the fact that the "absorption" could be your steering inputs that are meant to travel straight to the wheel for instant response. Granted it isn't a lot of extra movement but that just doesn't seem safe. It could just be me, but I'm going to guess that is why Jeep engineers designed the stock drag link the way they did.

My thoughts exactly. If it's that bad buy some driving gloves...haha

jkjouster

Street Smarts PIMP

my hands surely arent soft, and with my on and offroad track experience, i can attest to the function of the product. maybe not express my views or explain my conclusion well, but hey, tough sheet

the absorption in the performance test videos, shows the amount of possible compression against a static end. the pitman arm and wheel are not static, the opposing forces are not as would be on a jeep.

you will not loose steering input feel, speed, or reaction. for what the stock jeep is, even if it was minor, the benefit outweighs the possible side effect of steering input absorption. even if minimal, i feel no lack of response

Top Bottom