Lift Height with Coilovers

DJCFHB

To the guys running coilovers, How are you determining what you ride height is. I see different post saying i'm at so and so inches but what are you measuring to determine that. i understand that the further down you move the collar on the shock body the taller the lift is and vice versa and that it is also depedant on the spring rates being used. I have been running coilover for a few months now and when ppl ask me how high my lift is i don't have an answer and it makes me curious myself. all i know is i'm about an 1/2"-3/4" higher than my spring lift 3"tf with 1" spacer. Thanks in advance for the help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have the stock measurements from the same area you could just do the math. Measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender. But you would need that measurement in stock form to find out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i have the evo bolt on kit. What spring rates do you have on rubicat?

If that's the case, you can use the diagram above to help you calculate your lift height. Regarding spring rates, I can't say for sure as we were swapping different coils in and out until we got a set that worked well enough to get us out to Moab. Of course, to help protect new information at the time, the rates were erased. :crazyeyes: Needless to say, new coils, ones that are different than ours are being used with the kit today and they're probably what we'll swap in when we get a chance.

JK's JK

Banned
Wouldn't this measurement work ? View attachment 29879

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Riddle me this guys. I bought some springs from BONDSY over the weekend. I over looked this diagram until JKPE made me realize the importance of this diagram. So I bought RE 4.5" springs. I took this diagram and measured and it came out to be over 5". Would this be 5" of lift? And I would also assume this is way to high right?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Riddle me this guys. I bought some springs from BONDSY over the weekend. I over looked this diagram until JKPE made me realize the importance of this diagram. So I bought RE 4.5" springs. I took this diagram and measured and it came out to be over 5". Would this be 5" of lift? And I would also assume this is way to high right?

Sounds about right on the 5 " of lift. You have 37" tires correct? You can set your rear coil overs higher if needed so you don't have reverse rake. You should have a little front rake anyways. What size were your old coils?

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I suppose it's possible and yes, for my tastes that would be too high. I assume you do know that you can adjust the height of the coilovers, right?

Or, are you talking about the RE springs?

JK's JK

Banned
Ok I was wrong. Per the picture, the stock height is 18.5. When I measured it's 24. That's 5.5".................That's at the front.

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
I suppose it's possible and yes, for my tastes that would be too high. I assume you do know that you can adjust the height of the coilovers, right?

Or, are you talking about the RE springs?

I would say 5.5" is way to high myself. How would 4.5" coils get me to 5.5" of lift??? I think the CO's adjustments are 3.5" - 5" of lift??? I'm talking about the front which has the RE coils...:shock:

Top Bottom