MOTECH Medical Help for MOBY

MoCAN huh? Very interested to learn about this... [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mocan is essentially their version of abnormal CAN network that's in your Jeep, or any other vehicle, normally. Can networks allow for faster communication between devices and saves weight for all the wiring

Just heard from the Doc and was told they found the problem. Apparently, the transmission control module had gone bad and was internally shorting out the can bus. This was causing the rest of the network to freak out. I was told that this was maybe the first TCM they've seen go bad and asked if I did any off-roading being that it's hard on a transmission (kidding of course). Anyway, I'm glad to hear they were able to figure out the problem so quickly. While they could wrap Moby up and send him home quickly, I let them know I'd prefer they keep him for a bit longer so that they can do a host of updates. :yup:

Just heard from the Doc and was told they found the problem. Apparently, the transmission control module had gone bad and was internally shorting out the can bus. This was causing the rest of the network to freak out. I was told that this was maybe the first TCM they've seen go bad and asked if I did any off-roading being that it's hard on a transmission (kidding of course). Anyway, I'm glad to hear they were able to figure out the problem so quickly. While they could wrap Moby up and send him home quickly, I let them know I'd prefer they keep him for a bit longer so that they can do a host of updates. :yup:

That's great that they found it so fast. It's also pretty neat to the the new installation gear. I'd love to see MoTech in action, even if I didn't have a Jeep being worked on.

Electrical troubles are a pain to diagnose, both for shop and customer.
Cheers to Motech for the quick troubleshooting. Wish I lived close to a competent shop.
Best wishes for Moby.

Just got a message from Robbie and it looks like they're already making upgrades. Here's a couple shots of Moby's new busman
IMG_4823.jpg

What it looks like inside - what an improvement!
IMG_4824.jpg

Medical Help for MOBY

BTW, while we were at MoTech, we got a chance to see their all new kit that'll require NO cutting, NO welding, NO, drilling and NO sending anything into MoTech. In fact, this new kit is supposed to speed up installation times for them from 2 weeks to just 2 days! Without question, this new kit will make it easier than ever for home installers to do as well. Didn't take as many pics as I would have preferred but here's a look at their all new motor mount setup that bolts right up to the factory frame mounts.
View attachment 261581

Here's a shot of some of the billet aluminum brackets that will come with the kit. No adjustment precision fit!
View attachment 261580

Of course, we also got a chance to see our very own Strike Force Zebra's JK getting the all new MoCAN system installed.
View attachment 261583

View attachment 261584

Thanks Eddie. I'm sure dad will be glad when it's done and Alan's like a little kid in a candy store.

Glad Moby is getting some love. Sounds like he will be back wheeling before long. That was a long trip.... glad you made it back safe

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Robbie and his guys will be giving Moby a close look and try to determine what went wrong. At the moment, the thought is that the Aeroforce Interceptor may have shorted out and that's ultimately what's giving us grief right now. This of course most likely occurred from the wiring failure but it's a bit premature to say for sure. After they figure out what the problem is, they'll decide what the best course of action will be. I'm really hoping to get the new MoCAN system they've been working on but we'll see.

I *think* I'm supposed to say - "Get the Freak in line would ya"... sheesh, we were there first! - #SFZ for the win!... haha

BTW, while we were at MoTech, we got a chance to see their all new kit that'll require NO cutting, NO welding, NO, drilling and NO sending anything into MoTech. In fact, this new kit is supposed to speed up installation times for them from 2 weeks to just 2 days! Without question, this new kit will make it easier than ever for home installers to do as well. Didn't take as many pics as I would have preferred but here's a look at their all new motor mount setup that bolts right up to the factory frame mounts.
View attachment 261581

Here's a shot of some of the billet aluminum brackets that will come with the kit. No adjustment precision fit!
View attachment 261580

Of course, we also got a chance to see our very own Strike Force Zebra's JK getting the all new MoCAN system installed.
View attachment 261583

View attachment 261584

Ah I *know* that jeep, it stars in Robbies videos all the time it seems :)... And when you get *real love from Motech*, you get that second little box *mount* in the back by the firewall in the corner by the edge of the hood, that is custom and powder coated to match the mount for the Motech ECU/Fusebox (bussman box). But you have to know the right guy to talk to about that... Oh, wait, maybe it was surprising your 80 some odd old dad with an LS3... yeah, that will do it ... haha too funny

Good Stuff Eddie, thanks for making our day. Ours and one other JK were the two that he did some debugging and development on the MoCAM.

These guys are genies in a bottle for sure when it comes to these conversions. And now making it *drop in* will be wicked cool!

Last edited:
Making progress that's all that matters !!!!
Hope they are not that far from making Moby enjoying terrain again!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom