MOTECH Medical Help for MOBY

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got word from the doc that Moby is up and running again and doing great. Gonna get new MoTech billet aluminum brackets installed next.

IMG_4905.JPG

We can pretty much pick Moby up now but we're gonna hold out for the MoCAN which is still a couple of weeks out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just got word from the doc that Moby is up and running again and doing great. Gonna get new MoTech billet aluminum brackets installed next.

View attachment 262241

We can pretty much pick Moby up now but we're gonna hold out for the MoCAN which is still a couple of weeks out.

Awesome! Glad to hear that they are all done!

Did motech explain to you at all what there new mocan system entails?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad to hear that they are all done!

Did motech explain to you at all what there new mocan system entails?

LOL!! Yes and at a mile a minute. There was almost too much for me to take in but in a nutshell, it'll clean things up, improve communication and give them all kinds of options like getting our PRNDL to work even though Moby was originally a manual or setting our cruise control switch to act as a tap shift if we wanted. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL!! Yes and at a mile a minute. There was almost too much for me to take in but in a nutshell, it'll clean things up, improve communication and give them all kinds of options like getting our PRNDL to work even though Moby was originally a manual or setting our cruise control switch to act as a tap shift if we wanted. :yup:

Very cool! CAN is amazing by itself so it's cool to see how they modified it to make it there own and eliminate wiring

WJCO

Meme King
Glad they got it going. Brackets look sweet.

Seeing as how this is a go/no-go item that is absolutely critical to the jeep, would it be cost-effective to have a spare one of these? Or is that getting to the point of just having a support team follow you?

Almost looks like the TCM is attached to the valve body, so it may be a messy and timely trail repair to swap one of these out.

Bierpower

Hooked
Seeing as how this is a go/no-go item that is absolutely critical to the jeep, would it be cost-effective to have a spare one of these? Or is that getting to the point of just having a support team follow you?

I think a fluid swap on that transmission is like 10-15 Qts so I would agree with WJCO. It would be pretty rough on the trail to try and catch all of that fluid and keep it clean enough to put back in or even replace it and pack it out.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked

View attachment 262241

That's good to know. I emailed Robbie last week and he said to hold out on the swap but never really said how long until this is out.

Sent from my SM-P550 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom