No wonder people bash this site..

Seemed like a legit question. Was it because he said he didn't want to read through threads to see if the info was there? And btw. I do run the rk 3 link and like it lots.

sent from...

Asmmns

Banned
Seemed like a legit question. Was it because he said he didn't want to read through threads to see if the info was there? And btw. I do run the rk 3 link and like it lots.

sent from...

I thought so.... but apparently a 3 link is a no no here... so shhhhh !

Asmmns

Banned

Within one day of joining and asking a few questions and posting in a few threads the Admin is targeting me asking me what my agenda is... lol

Threatened much ?

David1tontj

sent from...
I am not really sure what is going on with this forum... I registered... posted and started a thread about a legit question I have.. and it seems I get no information but sarcasm regarding my thread.

What gives here ?

What are guys getting at ? I figured as a newb I would get some hazing but... You guys have nothing to offer tech wise to go along with it ?

I know that the three link setup is frowned upon because if you break that one upper, you are screwed. Some of the guys in here have broken an upper on a four link and not even noticed until they were off the trail.
Sounds like the four link is the clear winner, but... Despite this, people still swear that 3 link is better, so it seems to be a hot topic..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am not really sure what is going on with this forum... I registered... posted and started a thread about a legit question I have.. and it seems I get no information but sarcasm regarding my thread.

What gives here ?

Indeed, what gives here? Why don't you tell us about your 3-link kit, how long you've had it and why you think it's so much better than anything else? Why not just be honest and tell us why you even took the time to start this thread?

What are guys getting at ? I figured as a newb I would get some hazing but... You guys have nothing to offer tech wise to go along with it ?

For a newb, I'm surprised that you were giving a guy like StrizzyChris "shit" on your preferred "other forum". :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Within one day of joining and asking a few questions and posting in a few threads the Admin is targeting me asking me what my agenda is... lol

What a surprise!! :shock: People actually "bash" this site and you knew it?? Say it isn't so :crazyeyes:

Threatened much ?

Oh yeah, absolutely frightened :yawn37:

Asmmns

Banned
The three link was a legit question... but since you want to bring up strizzy. He was a tool who started three build threads in one year about 40's and one tons.. but twelve months later he had beddlined his wheels and installed a soft top. Complete clown... I am only stating the facts.. when he got called out he apparently came here.. where he is worshipped.. lol

No I don't run a 3 link. I thought the benefits being less bind and adjustable anti squat. Along with a long travel shock ... Flex. I have never seen somebody claim more flex with a 3 link,
As far as breaking a arm ... That would be a problem lol
Doesn't RK replace both mounting brackets with the single upper arm?
If the stock mounting point is used .. That would concern me.
Ed, your shits nice but $$$$$$$

Yeah. I'm not picking sides. I just thought the op was asking for info. I didn't realize he said he was running it and stating it was better than 4 link or stock.

sent from...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The three link was a legit question...

Yeah, so the buddy you had come over hear said. So tell us all about yours. I mean, you've had it for quite some time now and if anyone would know, I would think you would have all the answers. :yup:

but since you want to bring up strizzy. He was a tool who started three build threads in one year about 40's and one tons.. but twelve months later he had beddlined his wheels and installed a soft top. Complete clown... I am only stating the facts.. when he got called out he apparently came here.. where he is worshipped.. lol

Funny, for a "newb", I'm surprised that you know what 40's are or one tons. Seems like your "other forum" has taught you well.

Asmmns

Banned
Yeah. I'm not picking sides. I just thought the op was asking for info. I didn't realize he said he was running it and stating it was better than 4 link or stock.

sent from...

Lol.. Thanks.. I was unaware I was running a three link already !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No I don't run a 3 link. I thought the benefits being less bind and adjustable anti squat. Along with a long travel shock ... Flex. I have never seen somebody claim more flex with a 3 link

Bind limits flex. Why offer less if more flex wasn't what you were after? How do you adjust your anti-squat with this and why retain a track bar? As far as claims go, I wouldn't bring it up if it weren't claimed all the time.

As far as breaking a arm ... That would be a problem lol
Doesn't RK replace both mounting brackets with the single upper arm?
If the stock mounting point is used .. That would concern me.
Ed, your shits nice but $$$$$$$

You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good setup. Hell, I have run a true 3-link setup on my TJ and now I purposefully don't on my JK's. There is something to be said about redundancy and for all the breaks I have seen over the years, I simply prefer to have a back up plan.

Of course, this is all a moot point being that you're Asmmns' buddy.

Asmmns

Banned
And. I think I said I was a newb here... I have been around jks for a while and have done all my own work...no shop bolt builds for me...

Was looking for a new place with some good info... apparently this is not that place !'

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The three link was a legit question... but since you want to bring up strizzy. He was a tool who started three build threads in one year about 40's and one tons.. but twelve months later he had beddlined his wheels and installed a soft top. Complete clown... I am only stating the facts.. when he got called out he apparently came here.. where he is worshipped.. lol

Is that a little bit like having a three link sitting in your garage for six months?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The amount of flex you have is not relative to the number of arms you have ... lol

You know that even as a "newb"? :eek:

Yeah, and that's what the OP was going for. To get guys like you to think he was just here as a newb asking legit questions.

Lol.. Thanks.. I was unaware I was running a three link already !

That's because you are full of shit and a troll. A simple google search of your name and your "other forum" produced the following results...

asmmns-01.jpg asmmns-02.jpg asmmns-03.jpg asmmns-04.jpg

:naw:

Now seriously, please do us all a favor and go back to your "other forum". You're a hero now and they will worship you for being a troll here. :yup:

Top Bottom