Old Crusty- 1958 FC170

This thing is a bitch to find parts for. Even the smallest things like brakelines can take hours to find. I can't imagine doing a full authentic restore. I've been researching a throttle and choke cables. No luck at all.

So I went down to the local bike shop. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387649014.337620.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387649026.387781.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1387649046.721435.jpg

Last edited:
Your alive!!! Thank The Lord! Must be because Jen has been doing all the technical stuff. ;)

So..... How was it?

Just like any first ride, to quick and a little fumbling around.

Fun and very different to have the steering wheels under your feet.

Next time I'll bolt the seat and the dash down. Maybe install shocks too.

Just like any first ride, to quick and a little fumbling around.

Fun and very different to have the steering wheels under your feet.

Next time I'll bolt the seat and the dash down. Maybe install shocks too.

Nice! It's come a long way. Not too long from now you'll be cursing that bad boy.

It came with high back CJ 5 seats. There just not bolted down. It's to hard to work on the interior/motor with the seats in.

I'm trying to find a set of original half seats

I hate to say it but, you might be able to find a set of Smittyblit seats that'll look original. Back in the day when they were rust pony - er, um, I mean Steel Horse, I remember they used to have low back Jeep seats.

I hate to say it but, you might be able to find a set of Smittyblit seats that'll look original. Back in the day when they were rust pony - er, um, I mean Steel Horse, I remember they used to have low back Jeep seats.

Bestop makes a really nice set too. If it comes down to it. That's what I'll buy. I'm trying to keep the barn fresh look. 😁

Bestop makes a really nice set too. If it comes down to it. That's what I'll buy. I'm trying to keep the barn fresh look. 😁

I have a set of low backs from the cj, you can use em till you find a set so you won't have to use those hippie flower power seats lol

Top Bottom