Shark "Tank"

I installed side marker lights under the front fenders in the normal spot (thanks MTG for the extra led's). I also painted the rear inner fenders black. On the front, because I am anal, I sprayed expanding foam into the open space between the layers of sheet metal behind the front wheel. I have to trim that back and then paint to clean everything up.

At least for the foreseeable future, I think the search for aftermarket flat fenders is off. My son can direct his money to something else. (He really wants me to piece together the quiet crawler exhaust so the Jeep sounds a little more mean.)

Shark "Tank"

So this probably falls into the totally useless mod category, but I will share anyway.

After trimming the fenders and pulling the front liners, I wasn't happy with the open space between the outer and inner sheet metal on the body. Obviously it can't be a big deal since everyone runs that way, but I felt like water, snow, mud, rocks, and even mice were going to call that new space home

My first thought was to just use expanding foam. I quickly figured out that would take probably a dozen cans.

IMG_4028.JPG

So, after letting the first run of foam dry, I decided to use HVAC Extreme temperature metal tape.

IMG_4026.JPG

This stuff is not that thick and I have a feeling the first drive on a dirt road could shoot rocks through it. Nonetheless, I doubled it up to give bit more rigidity, then painted it. Here is the finished product:

IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_4029.JPG

I'll report back on how it holds up, but I generally like the idea and may have to find a different (stronger) product to do the same thing.

Last edited:
So this probably falls into the totally useless mod category, but I will share anyway.

After trimming the fenders and pulling the front liners, I wasn't happy with the open space between the outer and inner sheet metal on the body. Obviously it can't be a big deal since everyone runs that way, but I felt like water, snow, mud, rocks, and even mice were going to call that new space home

My first thought was to just use expanding foam. I quickly figured out that would take probably a dozen cans.

View attachment 273420

So, after letting the first run of foam dry, I decided to use HVAC Extreme temperature metal tape.

View attachment 273421

This stuff is not that thick and I have a feeling the first drive on a dirt road could shoot rocks through it. Nonetheless, I doubled it up to give bit more rigidity, then painted it. Here is the finished product:

View attachment 273422
View attachment 273423

I'll report back on how it holds up, but I generally like the idea and may have to find a different (stronger) product to do the same thing.
As I've seen on some videos... gorilla tape is a very versatile product 😉 but this does look alot cleaner than my trimmed fenders did on my old jeep.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That gap actually serves a purpose sharkey. A lot of water that drains off from around the door exits thru that panel as well as coming off the cowl area. Fortunately water doesn't get stored in there but I will agree that rats and such still might try to call it home

That gap actually serves a purpose sharkey. A lot of water that drains off from around the door exits thru that panel as well as coming off the cowl area. Fortunately water doesn't get stored in there but I will agree that rats and such still might try to call it home

I figured as much, and left a small drain at the bottom. It's mostly the mud, dirt, rocks and other bigger shit that I don't want back there.

Interesting. I may have to drill a drain hole in my JB Weld then where I trimmed the pinch seam in the rear. Or does this only apply to the front?

IMG_20170329_150554.jpg

Shark "Tank"

Been a while since I have updated this thread. Did some test fitting of a few Christmas presents for my oldest son. Final install won’t be until closer to May when he turns 16. The Fishbone bracket looks great and seems very well built.

IMG_4275.JPG

Light bar, huh? So you're one of those kind of Jeepers. :D

Not only a light bar, but also dual horns that fire off a button. He is a teenager...his goal in life is to piss off the world. No falling apple comments! ;)

Uh-oh, is that an angry eyes grill peeking out from the top of that surfboard above the garage door? ;)

Never! I wouldn't put one on even if it was given to me wrapped in $100 bills.

Not only a light bar, but also dual horns that fire off a button. He is a teenager...his goal in life is to piss off the world. No falling apple comments! ;)

Never! I wouldn't put one on even if it was given to me wrapped in $100 bills.

The truffle doesn't grow far from the oak tree....

Top Bottom