SoCal Group

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Hey Guys!! Yes it was an amazing trip! Duh... It was Moab.
And yes normally I would be all over a weekday trip but on the way home a couple of things popped up. I started leaking diff fluid from my passenger front and suddenly I went to turn and couldn't. Luckily I was going slow. Turns out the bolt connecting my Hydro cylinder to the tie rod was missing and when I tried to turn things got bound up. I tried to find a bolt in the area I was with no luck so I wired up the cylinder out of the way and limped home.

Here's a few shots from the trip

Attachments

• 7005.jpg
    7005.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 7007.jpg
    7007.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 7011.jpg
    7011.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 7095.jpg
    7095.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1965.jpg
    IMG_1965.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 74

jdofmemi

And yes normally I would be all over a weekday trip but on the way home a couple of things popped up. I started leaking diff fluid from my passenger front and suddenly I went to turn and couldn't. Luckily I was going slow. Turns out the bolt connecting my Hydro cylinder to the tie rod was missing and when I tried to turn things got bound up. I tried to find a bolt in the area I was with no luck so I wired up the cylinder out of the way and limped home.

Glad you made it back safe. It's good the steering didn't pick a much worse time to bind up.

Great shots there. Looks like a bit of mud just to keep it interesting.

Hopefully I can get out there on one of these trips. Not sure how my schedule is though.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Glad you made it back safe. It's good the steering didn't pick a much worse time to bind up.

Great shots there. Looks like a bit of mud just to keep it interesting.

Hopefully I can get out there on one of these trips. Not sure how my schedule is though.

Thanks
Thursday was So Muddy.. I'm just glad it dried out for the weekend.
This may be the last big trip I get to go on this spring... off season is almost over
Time to go back to work and pay for all this fun ;)

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
[emoji848] Dang, just saw this. Have things I have to do today, might have time Wednesday. What you have in mind? I'm expecting more stuff from brown Santa this week, so depending on what shows up today I may be wrenching.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really no plans . Just had a few days off so wanted to hit the trails . Keep me posted if you aren’t wrenching Wednesday and we can find something to cruise

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
[emoji848] Dang, just saw this. Have things I have to do today, might have time Wednesday. What you have in mind? I'm expecting more stuff from brown Santa this week, so depending on what shows up today I may be wrenching.

Really no plans . Had a few days off and wanted to get out . If you don’t end up wrenching, text me and let’s find something to cruise

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Awesome shots . Can’t believe you’re going back soon . Amazing

Thanks, you would have loved it.
I don't know yet if I'm going to get to go with Fiend and the rest.. Have to wait and see if I'm working.. then see if I can get a room

I’ve got a big ass tent lol. That’s how I’ll be kickin it at least. More than welcome to crash at my place [emoji23]

rubiDave

Wow Don great shots. OK Moab is on my short list now.

Gonna put loctite on the replacement bolt?

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Don and I are going to checkout Rowher Flats tomorrow. Probably no takers but message us if anyone’s free ... heading out around 7 am from W LA.

Also anyone know how the Big Bear trails are right now ? Would like to hit JB, Holcomb, and or Dishpan if conditions are okay this Saturday . Looking for someone who has gone b4 to lead [emoji13]

Top Bottom