Sold on Long Arms...until I talked to ORE

Hmmm...ORE changed out /installed just the front lower arms on my Evo coils on 37s. Might even come with the kit.

Thought it was for correction to the geometry front end.

Drew is Great...No Bullshit!!!!!! Can't for the life of me understand why I'm constantly try to justify calling ORE to make an appointment for more mods.

Yup front lowers will fix your geometry. Realistically they may only a 1/4" longer or even shorter to get you back in spec

Yup front lowers will fix your geometry. Realistically they may only a 1/4" longer or even shorter to get you back in spec

Not exactly. The adjustable front lowers will just allow you to set your caster. The geometry will still be off a bit but not enough to matter on a JK. At least, not until you get to about 4" of lift or more.

You need to remember tho that the arms on a JK are considered more of a mid arm than a short arm. That's why when you see arms marketed as mid arms it's more of a gimmick than anything.

I really wasn't making a point either way as I probably have less wrench time on the JK than any one here, just thought that write up might add some light to the convo. The EVO long arms sure seems long, but I don't guess I have given much attention to any others length.

Not exactly. The adjustable front lowers will just allow you to set your caster. The geometry will still be off a bit but not enough to matter on a JK. At least, not until you get to about 4" of lift or more.

Okay, so looks like 3.5" is the highest I want to go for now. If for some reason, in the future, I do re-adjust my coilovers to 4" or higher, can I fix the geometry with an adjustable short arms upgrade (Currie's for example), or should I then be looking at long-arms?

Having just gone through the same choice and having picked ORE long arms, I can say Im really happy with the ride - so much better than stock, and I'll add coilovers later.

Top Bottom