Tell me about Carson City!

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Crime and gang activity have gotten pretty bad. It may look nice coming from a larger city, but I wouldn't recommend it.

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Carson City is 1 in 47. Based on FBI crime data, Carson City is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Nevada, Carson City has a crime rate that is higher than 68% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

There are much nicer rural areas still close good work opportunities. Nevada has a lot to offer if you know where to look.

Brute

Hooked
Unfortunately, Nevada is changing very quickly and not for the better (in my opinion). November will be very interesting and I think there is about an 80% likelihood of having both a blue Governor and blue Legislature. And by blue, I mean screaming liberal Berkeley Blue...not old school Nevada blue. If things keep moving they way they have been, I could see myself moving out of Nevada once my kids have graduated.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

And go where?...WA is full...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crime and gang activity have gotten pretty bad. It may look nice coming from a larger city, but I wouldn't recommend it.

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Carson City is 1 in 47. Based on FBI crime data, Carson City is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Nevada, Carson City has a crime rate that is higher than 68% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

There are much nicer rural areas still close good work opportunities. Nevada has a lot to offer if you know where to look.

Thanks for posting that up! Hopefully others will see it and believe it :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
I think he whole northern nevada area is pretty nice, but as mentioned before the place is filling up fast and housing marking is soaring. I enjoy it up here as is, hopefully not to many changes on the horizon like Sharkey mentioned. Guess I need to pay better attention to local politics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
LOL!! Land of the white flight.

I know, and that’s actually something I don’t like about it.

I’m just getting increasingly more frustrated with the anti-business/everyone deserves equal outcomes/anti-firearm sentiments sweeping our Legislature and local governments.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think he whole northern nevada area is pretty nice, but as mentioned before the place is filling up fast and housing marking is soaring. I enjoy it up here as is, hopefully not to many changes on the horizon like Sharkey mentioned. Guess I need to pay better attention to local politics

Up until recently, a lot of the changes Sharkey is talking about was dictated to us by Clark County - essentially, Vegas. More recently, a lot more of that has been coming from Washoe County as well - Reno. A lot of transplants from other states have been moving into the area due to the tech industry boom going on and they're bringing their ideas of things with them.

benatc1

Hooked
Up until recently, a lot of the changes Sharkey is talking about was dictated to us by Clark County - essentially, Vegas. More recently, a lot more of that has been coming from Washoe County as well - Reno. A lot of transplants from other states have been moving into the area due to the tech industry boom going on and they're bringing their ideas of things with them.

Gotta love it when people move to an area and try and change it to the area they come from, why did they move in the first place?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL! At least you'd fit in. The funny thing is, it's not like where I live isn't really white, I just don't feel like I stick out like a sore thumb here. In Idaho and parts of Utah, I do.

I’m just getting increasingly more frustrated with the anti-business/everyone deserves equal outcomes/anti-firearm sentiments sweeping our Legislature and local governments.

Coming from a guy who grew up in Kalifornia, I completely understand where you're coming from. As much as I'm not fond of the changes that seem to be coming our way and I'm certainly not happy about them but I guess they're still a far cry from where I came from. I suppose it also seems further away from me being that a majority of the people I'm surrounded by don't subscribe to those ideas... for now anyway.

Thanks for all the insight! We’re fairly conservative but not so narrow minded that we can’t have a conversation about other ideals. The housing market in Salt Lake is going to shit. Getting expensive and good houses in good neighborhoods are harder to find. Plus Utah doesn’t subscribe to the whole equal pay thing and that’s a big issue for my wife as someone who is more qualified with more experience than a few of her male co-workers but has been offered considerably less. Not cool. I shut down my business as a firearms instructor here so that we could have steady income without worry so that she could finish school. That’s something I intend on re-visiting but the political climate in whatever state I live in will have a big impact on my business.
It’s hard to decided when there are so many variables and with our daughter being 3-1/2 we’ve gotta make a decision soon before she starts school in a year or so.

MTG

Caught the Bug
First on my list.

We looked hard at moving to Idaho a year or two ago. There are/were some great property values there.

And go where?...WA is full...

I would always consider states on this list...all for the same reason:

Alaska.
Florida.
Nevada.
South Dakota.
Texas.
Washington.
Wyoming.

But it would take a lot to get me to move to Florida, South Dakota and Texas.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the insight! We’re fairly conservative but not so narrow minded that we can’t have a conversation about other ideals. The housing market in Salt Lake is going to shit. Getting expensive and good houses in good neighborhoods are harder to find. Plus Utah doesn’t subscribe to the whole equal pay thing and that’s a big issue for my wife as someone who is more qualified with more experience than a few of her male co-workers but has been offered considerably less. Not cool. I shut down my business as a firearms instructor here so that we could have steady income without worry so that she could finish school. That’s something I intend on re-visiting but the political climate in whatever state I live in will have a big impact on my business.
It’s hard to decided when there are so many variables and with our daughter being 3-1/2 we’ve gotta make a decision soon before she starts school in a year or so.

Equal pay, eh? Sounds like some liberal idea from Kommiefornia. [emoji23]

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately, Nevada is changing very quickly and not for the better (in my opinion). November will be very interesting and I think there is about an 80% likelihood of having both a blue Governor and blue Legislature. And by blue, I mean screaming liberal Berkeley Blue...not old school Nevada blue. If things keep moving they way they have been, I could see myself moving out of Nevada once my kids have graduated.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep, exactly right. I fear this for Arizona in the future also.

jesse3638

Hooked

Fuckin' Komifornians...:crazyeyes:

I want to get out of this state to get away from that. ID is a place I'd really like to go. Boise and larger areas are experiencing the same thing though. I read an article in our local paper a couple months ago about local residents who have left or are planning on leaving our state. Some of the areas they were looking (AZ, NV, TX, ID) at have had an influx of CA residents and they seem to be pushing their views on the locals of their new area and the residents are not happy about that. If and when I move to another area I know I'll feel like a guest for some time. I'll assimilate to the area I choose to move to not the other way around.

jesse3638

Hooked
Those are really great places for people to move to :yup:

AK and SD may be a bit too cold for me..haha. I have co-workers in WY who said I could transfer there immediately. I also have a friend who moved there several years ago and absolutely loves it. Honestly I feel I'd be happy in an area with a lot less people..haha. Far Northern CA (Susanville on up) would be a great place too if it wasn't attached to the rest of the state...haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
AK and SD may be a bit too cold for me..haha. I have co-workers in WY who said I could transfer there immediately. I also have a friend who moved there several years ago and absolutely loves it. Honestly I feel I'd be happy in an area with a lot less people..haha. Far Northern CA (Susanville on up) would be a great place too if it wasn't attached to the rest of the state...haha

Didn't say I'd move to any of those places, just that they'd be great places for "people" to move to. :yup:

Top Bottom