Total Solar Eclipse - August 21, 2017

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
well were getting ever closer so I thought some of you folks might find this to be a rather handy link to have ... it is from the National Forest service and not only shows the camping areas but also has a path for the eclipse , so if your looking like I was for somewhere to hit up and camp within the full coverage zone that may or may not have a crapload of rv's and other campers just depending on where ya are located and where ya might wanna be for it overall ............. https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html?markeractivity=cabin%20rentals&exploremenu=no&featurecontent=no&eclipse=yes so here's to hoping for clear skies all the way across so we all get to see a really good show :rock::rock::rock::rock::wings:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the link. Always wanted to see one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seen one before so not my first but i wasn't in the full coverage zone nor overly into photography so figure this around i will be in the zone and since ive gotten a bit more into photography the camera will be along as well , took the week off work just for this purpose ... will head out from here sat morning after work and head for where i plan to be , i figure once there sat afternoon /eve with any luck as i picked a spot not open to bigger rv's to set up at it hopefully wont be packed but i do have a few back ups planned as well so we'll see ...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I've been looking into doing this but holy hell it's been tough to find a decent place to stay and everything I've been reading points to massive traffic jams out in Oregon and Idaho :icon_crazy:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Goes almost right over my house in Nebraska.

I'm starting the bidding for my extra bedroom at $1000 for the night.... bid on! lol

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I'm looking forward to this also, unfortunately I have to work that day. Hopefully I can at least get outside to see a bit. Should be around 95% coverage here. Hope there's good weather :fingerscrossed:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Goes almost right over my house in Nebraska.

I'm starting the bidding for my extra bedroom at $1000 for the night.... bid on! lol

as funny as this is you know if you post up on like air bnb or some other thing like that I would be willing to bet you would be able to get a rv'er or someone to bite if the price was right

I'm looking forward to this also, unfortunately I have to work that day. Hopefully I can at least get outside to see a bit. Should be around 95% coverage here. Hope there's good weather :fingerscrossed:
sucks to hear about the work thing but we all know how that goes and understand it ...........

Man, I've been looking into doing this but holy hell it's been tough to find a decent place to stay and everything I've been reading points to massive traffic jams out in Oregon and Idaho :icon_crazy:

do like i'm planning find ya spot in the forest or some other hard to reach spot that bigger rv's cant get into that falls in the path and head for it , only thing that will kill this is is bad weather and cloud cover but that a gamble when it comes to anything clear sky required for ...

the bonus for this is that its a daytime event so no early morning wake up or staying up late needed , in order to see it ... happens on a weekday so a lot of folks will sadly be at work , the bad is that a lot of folks travel the globe for this type of thing and anywhere within the full coverage zone is most likely booked solid ................ thankfully for us we have the advantage of getting into places most folks can't get into with a big rv or car ... I looked over the National Forest maps they have showing the path and then looked over the areas to camp within it , looking for places only reachable by 4x4 and limited to tent and trailers under 20' as well as the various trails where I could just camp ....... the one I picked is listed as reachable only by 4x4 and a primitive site so no trailers no big rv's and hopefully not packed when I make it into it but being as I cant leave till sat morning and arrive sat eve... and have a back up planned as well

Brute

Hooked

I hear that...I'm coming to stay with friends in Bend on the 18th after running the Rubicon on the 14th-16th...then going up into the mountains somewhere near Antelope OR on the 20th to camp...

Image1502304105.981914.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

Unless things improve radically here in Seattle our view is gone. The brush fires in Canada made our air here more polluted than China's. Our usually blue Summer sky is as grey as the Winter's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

You used to live in So-Cal. A massive traffic jam in those states is still probably better than the daily traffic here...haha

Top Bottom