VIDEO : PASSING THE TORCH - A Farewell to a Good Friend and a Welcome to a New

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss

Thank you.

Man I am so sorry you guys. Tessa was more than a dog but was family. Out of the 10+ runs we did together I can’t think of any Tessa wasn’t there for. Our deepest condolences.

- Slavens and family

Thanks Billy, we really do appreciate it and we're so glad that you got a chance to meet her.

I have a soft heart for all animals and hearing this is even more heart breaking because I did get to meet her a few times. RIP Tessa, you’re one of the smartest dogs I got to meet.

Thank you and happy to hear you got to meet Tessa in person.

Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

I'll be honest, we weren't sure we could get ourselves to do it but I think it's a good thing now.

So sorry to hear about Tessa. She was an awesome dog and my wife had so much fun playing with her at the last official Newbie run and camping trip at last chance canyon. Ripley is going to have an awesome life!

That's great that you got to meet Tessa in person and see just how wonderful she really was.

I’ll pretty much say what I said on YouTube. When I found out about Tessa, I knew exactly what you two were going through. You made a good choice. I thought I could never have another, after losing mine. I do, though, and he is great. Congratulations on having Ripley move in with you. People that don’t like dogs, just don’t know what they are missing!

Thank you my friend, we really do appreciate it.

Sorry for your loss, great tribute video. And best wishes for your new pup!

Thank you.

Welcome Ripley! Tessa looks like she had an amazing life. Great tribute! I'm sure your new companion will bring as much joy as Tessa did. Thanks for sharing that!

Thank you. Tessa will be missed for sure but Ripley is already bringing us tons of joy :)

So sad about your loss. She was a beautiful dog and is now scouting the trail ahead for us. Ridley will be a worthy successor.

Beautifully said, thank you.

Sorry for your loss.

My border collie lived to be 16 yrs, 6 months old. One day she couldn't stand up anymore. I finally had to make that sad decision too. That was just over 3 years ago and I haven't replaced her. Haven't even considered it. Don't think I could.

I know how you feel.

God Bless

Lance

So sorry to hear about your loss. Cindy and I really didn't think we could do it again but the silence at home was just killing us. All I can say is that we could only do this again with another Border Collie and I know you know what I mean.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I am very sorry to hear about Tessa. This dog as a constant presence in all your videos and meet ups. I'm not a a big pet fan but this was one dog that I enjoyed being around as you and Cindy spent time training her and it showed. I'm glad I am not a pet person because this would be the hardest part of owning a pet-saying goodbye.

Brute

Hooked
Awwwww damn! I really liked Tessa...I'm so sorry for both you and Cindy.

But, Ripley is gonna be awesome...believe it or not...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m so happy for you guys on your new addition! Tessa will be missed by us all. Your relationship with Tessa has been such an inspiration to all of us dog owners that have had the pleasure to traveling with you all! I personally will never look at a cow the same same after Tessa shared her thoughts with me. And to show my true appreciation I’d like to send Molly to the Wayalife training camp to keep Ripley company during the homeschool process. Don’t worry I’ll send food and potty pads with her as I don’t want to put you out. [emoji252] [emoji316] [emoji887] [emoji151] [emoji217] 🦝 [emoji252]

Much love! Can’t wait for the meet and greet!!

View attachment 343779

I mean really, can you say no to this face? [emoji23]

LOL - oh yeah, them evil cows. Tessa knew what they were really up to :cheesy:

Thank you Rachel

Oh man, so sad to hear. Having a dog is like having a child they get so ingrained in your everyday life. Losing them is losing a family member. New pups sure can ease the passing all the while you remember your passed best friends.

Thank you. It's been tough but I'm glad we decided to get back into the saddle.

So sorry for the loss of Tessa Cindy and Eddie. She was a super sweet dog and I’m glad I had the pleasure of spending a week in Moab with her.

Super cool that you got to meet and play with Tessa in person. :cool:

Great tribute to Tessa. She will surely be missed.

Thank you my friend.

That’s a tough loss. So sorry to hear guys. I loved seeing her in the videos. I feel fortunate I got to meet her on a couple occasions. Can’t wait to meet the new pup.

Couple shots I got of Tessa during last years NY19 kick off run.
View attachment 343781
View attachment 343782

Good luck to you both with new addition. Looking forward to the new chapter.

So cool that you were able to meet Tessa and get to see just how sweet she really was. Thank you for posting up these pics.

Nice tribute. Sorry for you loss. So tough to lose a member of the family.

Thank you.

Sorry for your loss, I had to put my 17 year old Pomeranian down 2 weeks ago and it really sucked. Congrats on the new puppy.

So sorry to hear that.

Eddie and Cindy so sorry to hear about your loss of Tessa
It can leave a big empty space
Look forward to the story of your new pup

Thank you.

Very sorry Eddie and Cindy

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

So sorry for your loss. Very sad news

Thank you.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Sorry for your loss. Can only imagine what you guys went through. She was part of so many others memories in person or through your videos. Such a touching tribute.
Welcome to Ripley. Can wait to see her grow and be part of the Wayalife family.
Stay safe and Michelle and I hope to see you again soon.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Sorry for your loss... I can relate to being heartbroken & not wanting another dog. It took my wife over a year to convince me to get a puppy after my 13 year old lab died. Now I enjoy the company of my new dog & can't imagine being without him, I guess all wounds heal with time.

Also congratulations on the new addition to the family.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. They become part of your family. At the end of January I had to make an end of life decision for my cat Sophie. Diagnosed with kidney failure in early December she was having problems eating and the vet told me she had an enlargement or inflammation around her liver. Rather than allow her suffering to continue a decision was made to do the humane thing for her so she didn’t suffer. I miss her terribly. Peace be with you. God Bless.

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Very sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

Great video! One of the hardest things I have gone through was having to put my boxer down. Glad to hear you're both doing good and taking care of yourselves first.

Thank you. We've had a lot of things going on but this was the toughest to deal with by far. We appreciate your concern.

Oh man, so sorry for your and Cindy's loss, that totally sucks. She was such a cool, smart, and good dog; and really so much more than that to you guys. I'll never forgot you showing me those videos years ago of the knowing her toys by name, I've brought that up to multiple people on how dang smart she is/was. Nevertheless, I'm certain Ripley will make your heart and home full again, cute looking pup for sure, looking fwd to seeing him on the trail!

Thank you my friend. It's funny but Sully was probably the only dog we've seen her around that she was totally cool with. After seeing how Border Collies and Great Pyrenees work together in person, it all made sense to me. I bet Ripley will love Sully too.

Sorry about your dog. My mom told me when I was young, " They are God's little gifts"

HAPPYTRAILS

So true, they really are.

So sorry guys, know exactly how you feel about one and a half years ago, tried for a long time to live without but just couldn't.

It's a funny thing how empty life can be without a furry friend around.

Watched the video... Great tribute! She was special for sure. Again, sorry for your loss, but congrats on the new addition! Ripley's a cutie! [emoji482]

Thank you. We really do appreciate it.

Sorry for your loss dogs just seam to make a home complete. Good luck with Ripley.
We went through the same and are getting a new dog in 2 weeks.

Congratulations to you!

Apologies for your loss. We are in the process of trying to get a pet . Excited for your upcoming adventures with the new family member

Thank you. We appreciate it and look forward to see the newest member of your family :yup:

Adjustments.jpg .

2019 New Years kick off run.

I took maybe 5 pictures the entire weekend. Kids are funny this way. But all the parents out there know. This one was via my daughters request. “Take a picture of Tessa in the waterfall”.

benatc1

Hooked
So sorry to hear about your loss.

Thank you.

Thank you. We've had a lot of things going on but this was the toughest to deal with by far. We appreciate your concern.

Thank you my friend. It's funny but Sully was probably the only dog we've seen her around that she was totally cool with. After seeing how Border Collies and Great Pyrenees work together in person, it all made sense to me. I bet Ripley will love Sully too.

So true, they really are.

It's a funny thing how empty life can be without a furry friend around.

Thank you. We really do appreciate it.

Congratulations to you!

Thank you. We appreciate it and look forward to see the newest member of your family :yup:
It definitely was cool to see how well they got along, like they were born for it or something lol. Looking fwd to them meeting, Sulley is recovering from ACL surgery as we speak, doing well but about 9 more weeks till hes all clear lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

HighlanderJK

Eddie and Cindy,
Our hearts break on your behalf, and all Wayalife family members who had the privilege to meet and know Tessa. Such a special dog, and surely will be missed by all. Welcome to Ripley! We look forward to meeting her and seeing y’all soon. Et, Joe, Alex and I send our best to you. -Michelle

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for your loss. Glad she was in your life!

Thank you, she definitely changed us as people.

I am very sorry to hear about Tessa. This dog as a constant presence in all your videos and meet ups. I'm not a a big pet fan but this was one dog that I enjoyed being around as you and Cindy spent time training her and it showed. I'm glad I am not a pet person because this would be the hardest part of owning a pet-saying goodbye.

Thank you. So glad that you got to meet our sweet Tessa.

Awwwww damn! I really liked Tessa...I'm so sorry for both you and Cindy.

But, Ripley is gonna be awesome...believe it or not...

LOL - yes indeed.

Sorry for your loss. Can only imagine what you guys went through. She was part of so many others memories in person or through your videos. Such a touching tribute.
Welcome to Ripley. Can wait to see her grow and be part of the Wayalife family.
Stay safe and Michelle and I hope to see you again soon.

Thank you Et. Cindy and I hope to see both you and Michelle soon.

Sorry for your loss... I can relate to being heartbroken & not wanting another dog. It took my wife over a year to convince me to get a puppy after my 13 year old lab died. Now I enjoy the company of my new dog & can't imagine being without him, I guess all wounds heal with time.

Also congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Thank you. Something only a furry friend owner would understand.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Awe Man.. So very sorry. Glad my family and I got to meet her on a couple trips. She was a beautiful Dog. Can’t wait to meet Ripley.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie and Cindy,

So sorry for your loss, may Ripley bring you the joy that Tessa did.

Thank you. Ripley is hard at work :)

View attachment 343789 .

2019 New Years kick off run.

I took maybe 5 pictures the entire weekend. Kids are funny this way. But all the parents out there know. This one was via my daughters request. “Take a picture of Tessa in the waterfall”.

LOL - so awesome. Cindy and I LOVED the way your daughter took to Tessa.

It definitely was cool to see how well they got along, like they were born for it or something lol. Looking fwd to them meeting, Sulley is recovering from ACL surgery as we speak, doing well but about 9 more weeks till hes all clear lol

Awe man, bummer about the ACL. Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Eddie and Cindy,
Our hearts break on your behalf, and all Wayalife family members who had the privilege to meet and know Tessa. Such a special dog, and surely will be missed by all. Welcome to Ripley! We look forward to meeting her and seeing y’all soon. Et, Joe, Alex and I send our best to you. -Michelle

Thank you Michelle, we really do appreciate it. Tessa is no longer suffering and for that, we're happy. Looking forward to introducing Ripley to you.

jdofmemi

Well, I had one of the first comments on YouTube, but I am pages behind the crew here at my adopted home on WAL

Sorry to hear about Tessa. What an amazing family member, and way to good for the title "dog".

She can never be replaced, but here is wishing for a dog's lifetime of new memories from Ripley.

I'm sure with your love and training he will be an awesome family member as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry to hear about Tessa, that made me shed a tear or two as we also lost our princess Saraleena around the same time.

We've had a lot of dogs over the years and feel your pain when that "one" comes along that just creates a joy beyond words.

Our girl wasn't the Jeep dog Tessa was (i tried lol) but she was always there to chat with and help out when working on the Jeep.

Ripley looks awesome and hope he makes that void a little smaller.

RIP Tessa

Top Bottom