VIDEO : PASSING THE TORCH - A Farewell to a Good Friend and a Welcome to a New

simba

As some of you may have noticed, Cindy and I have been a bit of MIA lately or at least, when it comes to videos and for that, we apologize. It's not like we don't want to be making videos or creating content for you to enjoy, things have just been a bit crazy for us lately. Certainly, there's been the whole corona virus thing going on and for us personally, we've had a few things come up as well. One of which was that Tessa, our beloved Border Collie of 14 years, had gotten pretty sick and toward the end of last year, we were finally forced to say goodbye to her. Being as heartbroken as we were, we didn't think we could ever do it again but... life just felt too incomplete without one. Needless to say, this short video is a tribute to Tessa, her amazing life and the infinite joy that she brought into ours. Of course, this is also an introduction to Ripley, the newest member of the WAYALIFE family. We hope you enjoy.

Hello Cindy and Eddie,

Please, accept my deepest condolences on the passing of Tessa. Watching her energy, happiness and wonderful sense of humor as she accompanied you on varies adventures was a treat to watch. May she rest in peace- Ameen. Be strong and take care of each other!

Simba

Napalm

Eddie and Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Loosing a best friend is tough. They truly are family members, if not closer.

She lived one of the most exciting and full lives that a pup could. Accompanying you guys on all those adventures, she saw and did so many things. You guys gave her such an incredible life!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It’s going to take me a while to be able to watch this. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I told him the same thing.

Good video. I laughed my ass off at her running with a big stick!!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thank you. If I recall, both you and your daughter met her as well.

Yeah we both met her on the 2017 Wayalife New Years kickoff run. My daughter even pet her, who at the time was slightly skittish of dogs bigger than our Silkie Terrier. She really was a friendly dog who will be missed. Congrats on your new addition to the family!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I had one of the first comments on YouTube, but I am pages behind the crew here at my adopted home on WAL

Sorry to hear about Tessa. What an amazing family member, and way to good for the title "dog".

She can never be replaced, but here is wishing for a dog's lifetime of new memories from Ripley.

I'm sure with your love and training he will be an awesome family member as well.

Once again, thank you my friend.

Sorry to hear this bad news about Tessa. Glad to hear about your new pup though.

Thank you

Sorry to hear about Tessa, that made me shed a tear or two as we also lost our princess Saraleena around the same time.

We've had a lot of dogs over the years and feel your pain when that "one" comes along that just creates a joy beyond words.

Our girl wasn't the Jeep dog Tessa was (i tried lol) but she was always there to chat with and help out when working on the Jeep.

Ripley looks awesome and hope he makes that void a little smaller.

RIP Tessa

Ripley is a sweetheart as well. Thank you.

Sorry to hear this. Many fond memories of traveling and camping with Tessa. She will be missed.

Thanks Moochie. Many fond memories for sure. We hope we make more with you soon and with Ripley.

Hello Cindy and Eddie,

Please, accept my deepest condolences on the passing of Tessa. Watching her energy, happiness and wonderful sense of humor as she accompanied you on varies adventures was a treat to watch. May she rest in peace- Ameen. Be strong and take care of each other!

Simba

Thank you.

Eddie and Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Loosing a best friend is tough. They truly are family members, if not closer.

She lived one of the most exciting and full lives that a pup could. Accompanying you guys on all those adventures, she saw and did so many things. You guys gave her such an incredible life!

Thank you, we hope that we were able to meet her expectations :)

I told him the same thing.

Good video. I laughed my ass off at her running with a big stick!!

As you can see, Chris made it - so can you :)

Nothing as sad as losing your canine buddy.

Nothing happier than getting a new one.

So true :)

Yeah we both met her on the 2017 Wayalife New Years kickoff run. My daughter even pet her, who at the time was slightly skittish of dogs bigger than our Silkie Terrier. She really was a friendly dog who will be missed. Congrats on your new addition to the family!

Thanks again

Sorry to hear of the passing of Tessa. I have been down that road too often.
Great tribute and introduction video.

Thank you. It's never an easy thing.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Sorry to about the loss of Tessa, My wife And I lost a beloved pet after 16 years in 2018. Our 19 JL Wrangler Sport is named MEEKO after him.

A.J.

Damn smart dog! Sucks man I lost my best dog Oscar ( he was a grouch ) 17 years old. Know the feeling.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Buster3479

Eddie and Cindy. Christie and I are deeply saddened by Tessa's loss, and send our heartfelt condolences. We are grateful to have met her, and hope to have a chance to meet Ripley one day.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’m very sorry for your loss Eddie and and Cindy. Tessa was really cool. Welcome Ripley.

HILLZ

[emoji24][emoji24]goodbye Tessa, so sorry for your loss Eddie & Cindy, she was a beautiful girl, loved seeing her in your vidoes. And welcome to the family Ripley, you have scored your self a great new mum and dad as well as thousands of Wayalife aunties and uncles all around the globe. Can’t wait to see what crazy antics you get up to out on the trails.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
So sorry for your loss. My family and I loved spying Tessa in the videos and pics. Definitely a fitting time for a tribute...

Screenshot_20200323-235817_Chrome.jpg

Looking forward to watching Ripley join you in your adventures.

Trail JK

LOL - oh yeah, them evil cows. Tessa knew what they were really up to :cheesy:

Thank you Rachel

This is a no on the puppy training then? Because given the circumstances she might be open to zoom meetings if treats are involved. 🤪

You can’t blame a girl for trying. To know Tessa was to know the coolest damn dog around! Yep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BitBucket

Cindy and Eddie, so sorry to hear about Tessa. She will be missed by all who were lucky enough to spend time jeeping with her. I will always remember seeing her in the back of your Jeep just being part of the Wayalife family. My heart goes out to you both. Riley is a lucky pooch to land in your family.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn smart dog! Sucks man I lost my best dog Oscar ( he was a grouch ) 17 years old. Know the feeling.

Tessa really was crazy smart. We've owned other dogs in the past and as much as we loved them, none were even half as smart as she was. It was almost scary at times LOL

Eddie and Cindy. Christie and I are deeply saddened by Tessa's loss, and send our heartfelt condolences. We are grateful to have met her, and hope to have a chance to meet Ripley one day.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

I’m very sorry for your loss Eddie and and Cindy. Tessa was really cool. Welcome Ripley.

Thank you for that.

[emoji24][emoji24]goodbye Tessa, so sorry for your loss Eddie & Cindy, she was a beautiful girl, loved seeing her in your vidoes. And welcome to the family Ripley, you have scored your self a great new mum and dad as well as thousands of Wayalife aunties and uncles all around the globe. Can’t wait to see what crazy antics you get up to out on the trails.

Thank you. It's been hard for sure but we're looking forward to our new life with Ripley now.

So sorry for your loss. My family and I loved spying Tessa in the videos and pics. Definitely a fitting time for a tribute...

View attachment 343805

Looking forward to watching Ripley join you in your adventures.

Rachel had just said as much too on YouTube. We had no idea.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a no on the puppy training then? Because given the circumstances she might be open to zoom meetings if treats are involved. 🤪

You can’t blame a girl for trying. To know Tessa was to know the coolest damn dog around! Yep

LOL - would love to but it's hard enough training just one puppy. We could definitely give you pointers though - ones that really work but also require a shit ton of work. :yup:

Cindy and Eddie, so sorry to hear about Tessa. She will be missed by all who were lucky enough to spend time jeeping with her. I will always remember seeing her in the back of your Jeep just being part of the Wayalife family. My heart goes out to you both. Riley is a lucky pooch to land in your family.

Thank you, we're so glad you got a chance to meet her in person. Need to get you out on the trail with us again sometime and meet Ripley now :)

So sorry to here about your loss.

Thank you.

Top Bottom