VIDEO : RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL - INSTALLATION

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
That is a really cool look and so clean!!! as they say in Strava:blush::blush:: Kudos!!!:thumb::thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ohhh fancy, those are nice looking.

LOL - thanks, we really like how they came out :)

Man those things are super clean! Glad you finally got a set! You ever think your going to pull the inner fender liners and go more towards a flatter fender like you did in the past now with these drl’s up front?

Hard to say. My biggest problem is that if I chop the front like I'd want, I'd also want to remove the trim on the rear fenders to make the look the same. Only problem is that on a JL, it kinda looks like shit in the rear without the fender liners especially on the passenger side being that the EVAP is there.

Just watched the video Eddie, that looks super clean!

Thank you :)

Ugh. Something else to add to my list. I really liked the AAL lights but dont want to lose the inner liners on this Jeep. Looks like these fit the bill :thumb:
Thanks for the video.

Having seen and installed both in person, I can tell you that the Rugged Ridge DRL are a lot nicer once installed. At least, in terms of overall design and look in my opinion. Like you, I really wanted to keep the fender liners and so this worked out great :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seemed like a tedious install but the end result looks great.

LOL - it really wasn't too bad. Truth be told, the video was almost real time in terms of install. Literally took about half an hour to do the other side and without filming.

That is a really cool look and so clean!!! as they say in Strava:blush::blush:: Kudos!!!:thumb::thumb:

Thanks! I think it looks very factory :)

Man those look awesome, I like how clean and simple the design is.

I think the bracket design with the bottom lip is what really makes it look so clean and factory. I bet a lot of your customers will be wanting a set :yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Those look so good! Thanks for the detailed video. Has Rugged Ridge mentioned at all when these will be ready to ship to customers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
i'm in the keeping the liners group and like that these allow you to keep the overall fender look. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i'm in the keeping the liners group and like that these allow you to keep the overall fender look. :thumb:

That was our big thing, we really like the factory fenders and while we wanted to open things up, we still wanted to keep a factory look and these DRLs helped to make that possible.

Man, that looks super clean. Makes the front end look so much more aggressive.

Thanks and I totally agree :yup:

Those look clean! [emoji106] Definitely one to add to my ever growing list of parts lol

LOL - does the list ever really end? :crazyeyes:

TwinZ AmericA

Back at the 2018 SEMA Show, Rugged Ridge debuted an awesome new set of replacement daytime running lights or DRL and ones that were specifically designed for a chopped or trimmed factory fenders on a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator Truck. Unfortunately, it would take them a whole year to finally put them into production but just as promised, they sent us one of the very first sets for and testing. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy they are to install as well as just how cool they really look once installed.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 10mm Socket
• 8mm Socket
• 4mm Allen Wrench or Bit
• Torx T-20 Bit
• Torx T-30 Bit
• Trim Pry Tool
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Wire Cutting Dykes
• Utility Knife
• Dremel w/ Cutoff Wheel
• File
• Blue Painters Tape
• Zip Ties
• Rubbing Alcohol

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20200217125739-e1ba8d88-me.jpg
They really do look good but I still like the factory led fender lights and with 37 I think there perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jwalt

I’m in for a set. I keep checking back here everyday looking for the click here to buy and support wayalife link.

jeeeep

Hooked
So...I was watching the EVO HD tire carrier install again and you mentioned about setting the height of the tire carrier in hopes of getting 40's sooner than later …
and this DL install now complete and making the 37's look small (your words) ….
Looking forward to the 40's install video! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance that they will retrofit this to JK? Love the look!

LOL - I imagine someone will come out with something. Me, I kinda like my JK looking like a JK :yup:

I sure as hell hope not.

:cheesy: You know it's coming.

They really do look good but I still like the factory led fender lights and with 37 I think there perfect.

With 37's, I may have to agree with you. I like these DRLs a lot but I always liked the factory LED DRLs too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m in for a set. I keep checking back here everyday looking for the click here to buy and support wayalife link.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. I'll try to post up a link as soon as they're available :yup:

So...I was watching the EVO HD tire carrier install again and you mentioned about setting the height of the tire carrier in hopes of getting 40's sooner than later …
and this DL install now complete and making the 37's look small (your words) ….
Looking forward to the 40's install video! :thumb:

LOL - it may be a while still. With all that we're doing with Moby and now our JT, it's hard to find time and money for our JL too. :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom