VIDEO : RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Fender Chop DRL - INSTALLATION

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
For those of you who've been chomping at the bit for these, I just wanted to note that these are FINALLY on Rugged Ridge's website and I've been told, actually shipping!

https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-chop-brackets/rgr-11640-96/

I called them yesterday because I was going to order them, however it said to 'Preorder'. I called them and they said they are still not caught up on back orders, and that they are trying to get caught up. They want to get to the point where they are stocking them but are not there yet, also they are moving locations. So...I would ignore their website. It is very possible they changed their site after I called. They wanted me to preorder, but I can get Artec's now!!! Obviously Artec isn't waiting for China order to come in like so many of these other vendors. I called Artec and they have theirs. I ordered Artec.

TNT

Hi Eddie! How has the tape held up? That was my
main concern seeing this install.
I actually purchased a set from my local 4WP. They actually had one in stock as I’ve been looking everywhere for them.

Any tips to secure the bracket other than just double sided tape?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie! How has the tape held up? That was my
main concern seeing this install.
I actually purchased a set from my local 4WP. They actually had one in stock as I’ve been looking everywhere for them.

Any tips to secure the bracket other than just double sided tape?
LOL - the tape didn't hold up at all. I ended up zip tying the plastic sub structure to the metal bracket and that worked great.

Reactions: TNT

TNT

LOL - the tape didn't hold up at all. I ended up zip tying the plastic sub structure to the metal bracket and that worked great.
Hi Eddie, just installed these using your tutorial and worked like a charm. Did you have to drill holes in the plastic substructure for the zip tie to connect to?

I’m searching underneath and I don’t see a good connection point. I’d rather do this now and not worry about it all even though the double sided tape is secure (so far).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie, just installed these using your tutorial and worked like a charm. Did you have to drill holes in the plastic substructure for the zip tie to connect to?

I’m searching underneath and I don’t see a good connection point. I’d rather do this now and not worry about it all even though the double sided tape is secure (so far).
If I recall, just looped through one of the screw holes and up and over the sub-structure until it came through.

Reactions: TNT
Top Bottom