What do you think is the best JKU suspension/lift and why?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on which coilover you run, 12", 14" or 16" and the size of the lift

So then, what is the maximum actual amount of vertical travel you get with a 12", 14" or 16" coil over? Please be specific and don't waste my time telling me how much shock you can get to show when flexed out. I want "vertical travel" and if you know as much as you like to pretend, you'll know what I'm looking for here.

you modify the suspension when installing to your ideal kit and you have to add a different tank to the rear where the storage area is, still the stock 20 gallons tho.

Ummm, the factory gas tank is 22.5 gallons on a JKU :naw:

Also I don't mean to talk shit about EVO products, but the more parts you add to something the more parts that have a chance to break.

Oh I get it, you just like making assumptions and talking about it like it's fact. :naw:

I'm NOT saying that the EVO Leaver will break and is a POS, but every kit has it flaws.

So be specific, like what? Tell us what on an EVO Lever is a flaw and prone to breaking?

For all I know it could be the strongest kit on the market, but everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it.

Never said you weren't entitled to your opinion even though it's based on assumptions and zero facts.

EVO says theirs is the best...

Actually, I don't think they have but, I could be wrong on this. I personally think theirs is the best and that's based on actually first hand experience running their kit as well as many others. If needed, I can back this up with photos, videos and testimony of others who have seen their kit in action.

and GenRight says theirs is the best...

Funny, I don't think I've ever heard them say this either - just you.

but its all about what the consumer wants and what you prefer and like better.

This, you are right on. It's all about what you the consumer wants or prefers or likes better. Clearly a guy like you will believe whatever he wants to believe even if it's all based on assumptions or what he was sold on.

EVO and GenRight are both great companies, they have their ups and downs. And before I was set on the GenRight kit, I TRIED to get a quote from EVO for the Front and rear DD and Long arm kit, but after a month of trying I gave up with them, 3 emails and 4 phone calls later, still nothing so I lost respect for them if they treat their customers that way, and GenRight is right down the street from me so its easy to talk to them, but they sell expensive products and a lot of stuff is built after you order it.

And IF what you are saying is true, that sucks and shame on EVO for not earning your business. However, I think it's a stretch to suggest that "there is nothing that comes close!" in terms of a suspension kits based on your alleged experiences dealing with EVO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so I read the article and found this:

The Magic 100
GenRight found the perfect ration nicknamed the “Magic 100″. This “Magic 100″ refers to a 100″ wheel base length for a Jeep Wrangler using a 4″ suspension lift kit and 37″ tires. By following this formula you will have a highly capable off-roading Jeep that can take the toughest trails. The stock wheel base on a TJ, YJ, or CJ-7 is 93″ while the LJ actually has a long wheel base at 103″.

Since you seem to have missed it, we drive JK's and the Unlimited has a 116" wheel base - way longer than the "magic 100" that GenRight themselves talk about and yet, you're trying to suggest that extending that an additional 7" pushing your wheel base on a 4-door to 123" is a good idea? :naw:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Bigblake, I'm not sure who dropped the ball. Sorry if you did not receive the service you should have. Please send me a message on the details so I can have it looked into. If we don't know we screwed up we can't fix the issue!

The last thing we want is pissed off customers.

rtguy1

THE ENFORCER with EVOlever and coil over would leave me alot more room for other upgrades then getting the DD with the same set up

I'm sorry if it seams like I'm rambling, but any input would be very much appreciated.

I think Eddie can help you out here with specifics but this doesn't really make sense. Why buy an enforcer kit AND rear evo lever? First, you will be tossing half of the enforcer kit. Second, your front suspension will not be able to keep up with the rear. :twocents:

You can get the Lever setup for DTD but without the bypass shock. You can do the same up front, weld in dtd towers but no bypass. Add bypasses later. They will bolt right up in your garage when u are ready to add them. The couple grand savings up front may be enough to get you what u want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think Eddie can help you out here with specifics but this doesn't really make sense. Why buy an enforcer kit AND rear evo lever? First, you will be tossing half of the enforcer kit. Second, your front suspension will not be able to keep up with the rear. :twocents:

You can get the Lever setup for DTD but without the bypass shock. You can do the same up front, weld in dtd towers but no bypass. Add bypasses later. They will bolt right up in your garage when u are ready to add them. The couple grand savings up front may be enough to get you what u want.

Well, you can order Enforcer kit minus the coils and shocks and then run an EVO lever setup and front coil over with the short arms but, I would agree getting the DTD brackets and EVO lever and run them with just single coil overs would be the better way to go. That way, if you want to upgrade in the future to a bypass setup, you can with ease.

Spartan

I had the front axial of my old Rubi JKU sleeved, and never had any problems running 35" tires. Would be good for 37" tires as well or would I need to do something else?

Tackerdown

Banned
Good read , evo shmevo I'm sticking with my 2.5 " puck spacers from rough country , allot less parts to have break and let me tell ya I've done some pretty crazy shit with my lift.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Snsrubicon

Suspension

I had full traction on my Cherokee worked great. 4 inch long arm fox shocks. Super happy. Had rough country on my 94 wrangler worked great .lot less money no issues. And on my 2012 rubicon i have a 3.5 AEV DS with 5160 shocks and really like this one, jeep drives like a sports car, very smooth and quite on the trail...the AEV was the most money...but. Really 3 different jeeps. So I guess I really was no help. Just do your research and enjoy... And one more thing it is really hard to find someone that you trust to work on your jeep, I just wanted people to know about all j products in big bear..Quinn has done a lot of the work on my jeep and I would have to say by far the best all the way around. Integrity, great work, you know what you are getting from the very second you go there...just my opinion ...

desertrunner

I noticed only one other person gave Rock Krawler love on their suspensions. Im running the 3.5 X-Factor 37s and stock cut fenders and i love the kit. I cant say anything about the EVO enforcer because i havent run it or personally know anyone who does but i will say for a traditional coil and shock set up i get GREAT flex out of my RK suspension and it is a lot smoother on the freeway than my buddie's on a Teraflex lift and a world of difference than my dad's on a procomp lift. The 3.5 X-factor was all bolt on i did it in my garage by myself in a few days (total of maybe 14 hours just with plenty of :beer: breaks haha) and with the stock fenders not cut would look great with 35s if thats the rout you wanna go. If you want 37s i would say get flat fenders or chop the stock ones. I did have to replace my front drive shaft with the RK kit though something to keep in mind. While the directions that came with the lift were a bit vague at some points i followed along with Wayalife's write up on the Teraflex 4" and i was able to do it no problem and i had great costumer service when ever i called RK on the phone

just an example of the flex i get out the the RK 3.5 X-Factor

IMAG0127.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed only one other person gave Rock Krawler love on their suspensions. Im running the 3.5 X-Factor 37s and stock cut fenders and i love the kit. I cant say anything about the EVO enforcer because i havent run it or personally know anyone who does but i will say for a traditional coil and shock set up i get GREAT flex out of my RK suspension and it is a lot smoother on the freeway than my buddie's on a Teraflex lift and a world of difference than my dad's on a procomp lift. The 3.5 X-factor was all bolt on i did it in my garage by myself in a few days (total of maybe 14 hours just with plenty of :beer: breaks haha) and with the stock fenders not cut would look great with 35s if thats the rout you wanna go. If you want 37s i would say get flat fenders or chop the stock ones. I did have to replace my front drive shaft with the RK kit though something to keep in mind. While the directions that came with the lift were a bit vague at some points i followed along with Wayalife's write up on the Teraflex 4" and i was able to do it no problem and i had great costumer service when ever i called RK on the phone

just an example of the flex i get out the the RK 3.5 X-Factor

View attachment 39504

Nothing wrong with the RK kit and you should be happy with what you have. However, the question being asked was, what is the "best" and why? I would agree with you that the RK kit is "better" than a TF kit but, I personally think it's shy from being the "best" you can get.

desertrunner

Nothing wrong with the RK kit and you should be happy with what you have. However, the question being asked was, what is the "best" and why? I would agree with you that the RK kit is "better" than a TF kit but, I personally think it's shy from being the "best" you can get.

How do you think the RK kit compares to the enforcer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you think the RK kit compares to the enforcer?

Depends on what RK kit you're referring to. I'm not a big fan of polyurethane bushings but, I do like the fact that some of the RK kits come more complete - more components. While I really like the fact that the control arms that are provided with the Enforcer kit uses johnny joints on both ends, I do wish they offered all 8 arms. I also like the EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit but unfortunately, that is sold separately. Between the dual rate coils that RK offers or the Enforcer coils, I prefer the later as I typically find the prior to not stuff as well due to its design but of course, most of this is subjective to me.

Top Bottom