Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

It looks pretty good, you have to French them in pretty good so no contact with the frame. I've seen some real hack jobs out there, those towers should work great.
I would trade in my 4door for a stretched 2 door if I could.

I got another question, are you planning on reinforcing the tub to the frame in the back? I've seen where guys use old control arms and make brackets.

I got another question, are you planning on reinforcing the tub to the frame in the back? I've seen where guys use old control arms and make brackets.

Not at this point. Because these towers are so tall we are going to weld a bar across the top, tower to tower. It wil be totally reinforced at the frame. It will be strong as hell!:thumb: but we will look everthing over realy good in the end.

It looks pretty good, you have to French them in pretty good so no contact with the frame. I've seen some real hack jobs out there, those towers should work great.
I would trade in my 4door for a stretched 2 door if I could.

There has been a lot of time cycling the axle with the shocks to get the towers just right. That is the reason we had to go through the frame soo far, to give us the proper clearance. I'm very pleased with the outcome and I'm glad I was able to keep 14s. I can't wait to wheel this thing to compare the difference with the stretch and suspension!:rock:

So the front end is coming together, now back apart for Powdercoating & paint! All the Powdercoating for the rear should be coming back today and the rear can be put together for good!:thumb:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Sounds like a heck of alot of progress :thumb: Can't wait to see it all together. Not sure if I missed it but are you keeping the stock gas tank?

Last edited:
Sounds like a heck of alot of progress :thumb: Can't wait to see it all together. Not sure if I missed it but are you keeping the stock gas tank?

Originally we were going with the GenRight 20 gal in the rear, but it hung too low interfering with that big 80, so we decided to go with the JAZ 20 gal fuel cell. It will sit inside the tub. It was supposed to be hear last week.
image.jpg

Looking good! Did the guys at the shop make that steering ram mount, drag link, and tie rod setup?

Looks great! where did you get this kit(hemi joints/spacers/ rods)? or did you make it?

Casey at the shop makes all this himself. The tubing is all 1/4 wall Chromoly,he also made the ram skid & all the mounts. He is a very talented guy! He will also be making the front track bar out of the same material, he was just using the TeraFlex Track bar to get all the steering right. More pics this Fri!:thumb:

I hope your harness bar goes in easier than mine. I had to strap the factory cage and pull it in about a half inch. They look great though

I hope your harness bar goes in easier than mine. I had to strap the factory cage and pull it in about a half inch. They look great though

I have heard that from others, some say it went on easily, on some say it was a bitch! I'm hoping mine is one of the easy ones.:fingerscrossed:

Top Bottom