Billy Goat Build

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I am seeing the CB you installed more and more in JK's. How do you like it, if you've been able to use it yet at all?

I am seeing the CB you installed more and more in JK's. How do you like it, if you've been able to use it yet at all?

I've used it a couple of times with my buddies and it's pretty clear, I think we were less than a mile or so apart though. It is definitely loud enough, at least for me, to where I don't need an external speaker. Once I tune it with an SWR meter, I'm sure my range and clarity will be better though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I've used it a couple of times with my buddies and it's pretty clear, I think we were less than a mile or so apart though. It is definitely loud enough, at least for me, to where I don't need an external speaker. Once I tune it with an SWR meter, I'm sure my range and clarity will be better though.

Awesome! Let us know how it works out once it's tuned. :thumb:

Which ones did you get? The strand of lights?

I don't have the box anymore but in the box, was 1 "show" light (to show how bright they are) and then 2 strands of 4 lights that I ended up just cutting apart because the wire in between is only about a foot long. The lights are about 1" x 2". Next time I'm in Walmart I will try to take a picture of the box.

Just thought I'd show you guys how I normally keep my trunk looking, yes it takes up a lot of space but it is fairly functional. The cooler is only in there if I'm going on a trip or for some reason need it. I've got a tool box with some miscellaneous tools and then a Bostich mechanics tool set that came with its own box. Then some boots, a small first aid kit, and my fishing things (tackle/ rods). Some of this stuff always stays in the back and then some things get switched around depending on the season and such.

IMG_0491.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I'm about to go pick up my Jeep from a shop that put my 5.13 gears in. Anything I should expect/ ask the guy about?

Most gear manufacturers have a similar break-in period, just go easy on them for the first 500 miles. Here's one from Yukon:

Untitled.jpg

If you want the old gears, ask the shop for them. I made some garage clocks out of mine.

Top Bottom