Do Yourself a Favor - Regear Your 2012-Up JK!!

JKWrang

Let's just say it'll be livable but, not something I would prefer to do

So. I'm assuming you'd reccomend 4.10 gears? Hmm. Dammit now I have to wait even longer to go bigger. :banghead:

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

E-man

I've got a '12 JKUR auto with 4.88s and 37" KM2s. It's my daily driver and I think the gearing is perfect.

zeddjb

So after reading all of the posts here, it sounds like 5.13s are the way to go if one is to stick to 37's. What I couldn't find in here though was if I were to re-gear to 5.13s, will they fit into the stock Rubicon axle diffs? Also, I take it that I need to replace both front and rear from stock right?

I'm currently running Nitto Mud-Grapplers. 35x12.5x17 but in the next couple of years I'm going to be switching to 37 Nitto Trail-Grapplers and I plan on staying with that size and tire.

I live in Wisconsin and my wife and I are planning on driving the Jeep to Lake Tahoe in a couple of years and next year we are going to be driving to Moab to the Easter Jeep Safari. I usually am allowed one or two upgrades a year so long as the price is right and/or I can make a really good case as to why I want the upgrade. I just want to ensure I'm getting all the info before I buy something and have a shop do the work for me. Unfortunately we here in the mid-west don't have awesome off road shops like in the west. Most of the work I try and do myself but some things I just need a real pro to do it for me.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have 4.88 on my 2010 with 35's and love it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

Was wondering why you had been waiting so long and telling people that it was just fine with the 4.10's. I have 4.88's and could use a bit more

mrmet1983

Great write up and makes me feel better since I decided to go with 513s two months ago over the 488s. I absolutely love my 513s and like u said why the hell didn't u do it sooner lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So after reading all of the posts here, it sounds like 5.13s are the way to go if one is to stick to 37's. What I couldn't find in here though was if I were to re-gear to 5.13s, will they fit into the stock Rubicon axle diffs? Also, I take it that I need to replace both front and rear from stock right?

Yes, they will fit a Rubicon axle and yes, you will need to do both front and rear.

Was wondering why you had been waiting so long and telling people that it was just fine with the 4.10's. I have 4.88's and could use a bit more

:idontknow: What's there to wonder. As mentioned, I had been hoping to upgrade to ProRock 60's before I needed to regear. I used the time as an experiment to see test out 4.10's and 37's and it did work just fine, 5.13's are just better.

ttfhell

Yes, they will fit a Rubicon axle and yes, you will need to do both front and rear.

:idontknow: What's there to wonder. As mentioned, I had been hoping to upgrade to ProRock 60's before I needed to regear. I used the time as an experiment to see test out 4.10's and 37's and it did work just fine, 5.13's are just better.

I had a blond girlfriend once and she worked fine. Then I upgraded to a dark haired girlfriend and she was better. Eddie why didn't you tell me about the brunette before I was with the blonde? WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockIt Man

Q

Anybody know what brand of gears/install kit Off Road Evolution uses?

Are there any to avoid?

Are there any that are better?
:idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Q

Anybody know what brand of gears/install kit Off Road Evolution uses?

Are there any to avoid?

Are there any that are better?
:idontknow:

If you look at any gear set available on the market today, you will see a circle with a letter K stamped on the side of it. This is the logo for the South Korean company Cha and they are the ones who manufacture pretty much every JK gear out there. The only difference between one from the other is what box they come packaged in.

JeepJKpwr

If you look at any gear set available on the market today, you will see a circle with a letter K stamped on the side of it. This is the logo for the South Korean company Cha and they are the ones who manufacture pretty much every JK gear out there. The only difference between one from the other is what box they come packaged in.

Interesting...and here I thought almost everything was made in China...who knew!

Top Bottom