Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

Aeraun

I've gotten a few odd compliments/remarks. First week I had my '12 JKU I was at my mother's business and one of her friends came out to parking lot to see it and she goes "oh wow... I know you said you were getting a Jeep but I thought you meant the Cherokee or something - this is the real Jeep."

From when I was little I've had a thing for legos and building things, and since you can pretty much take everything off and on the Jeep my mother refers to it as a Lego car. I of course have to remind her it isn't a car.

I also get a lot of crazy looks when I have the doors off or are even talking about having the doors off. For some reason a lot of people I come in contact with, girls mostly, automatically assume if there are no doors that you are going to fall out of the vehicle. I usually just shake my head and persuade them to go for a ride then they are like ohhhhh. Then once they are comfortable I floor it a few times :-D

MTG

Caught the Bug
I saw the guy behind me in a BMW M3 taking pictures of my jeep with his phone. I'll take that as a compliment. :thumb:

rinkishjk

I saw the guy behind me in a BMW M3 taking pictures of my jeep with his phone. I'll take that as a compliment. :thumb:

I had a guy next to me doing that, and he almost ran off the road from not paying attention. God help em

MNMudder

Just had a customer come in and ask me if I've been here all morning. I said yeah, why? He says, you better go have a look at your Jeep, someone took half of your top and your doors! I asked him if the back half was still there. He said yep. I said it's all good then cause the temporary tag is in the back window so I'm good. He just looked at me puzzled..... I wanted to say "here's your sign!" :doh:

Beyrgut

Went over to a barbq at a friends place and some were unloading with their back to me as I pulled up. First comment was "Smitty", and we all had a good laugh it was the first time they had seen it since I lifted it. The kicker was when they said they didn't even here me coming with those big ass tires (Trail Grapplers). I said hell you should have at least heard the exhaust (Dynomax Evolution), I hear it over tires and had I got the Mud Grapplers they would of heard me 2 streets over.

I was getting gas last week and a guy in a Prius was behind me filling up. I turn around and he said you should have bought a hybrid. I said I did it goes on pavement, rock, dirt, and mud. I got in and started to drive of and looked over and you could just see the dumb found look on his face. Priceless!!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370317163.468190.jpg I drew this a few weeks ago, fits the situation perfectly!

cluelessJK

Well this may not be funny or strange but it put a smile on my face!

So I'm stationed at JBLM and I'm sitting in my jeep enjoying my lunch with the doors off and the tonno cover and short bikini top on just loving life and a Command Sergeants Major (CSM) just walked slowly eyeballing atlas as he was walking by and didn't notice I was sitting in the drivers seat. He didn't notice me because the seat is slightly reclined. Then he seen me watching him eyeball my Jeep and just simply started smiling and said, "hmm that's a really nice jeep!" I couldn't help but smile back and respond with "thank you Sergeant Major, she's a work in progress". Not often does something like that happen to a little ol' buck sergeant (SGT)!! 😎😀

As she sits!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370373850.843222.jpg

jeff_in_rc

View attachment 33829 I drew this a few weeks ago, fits the situation perfectly!

I love it 4mud, thanks for sharing! :thumb:
May I "borrow" it??

Well this may not be funny or strange but it put a smile on my face!

So I'm stationed at JBLM and I'm sitting in my jeep enjoying my lunch with the doors off and the tonno cover and short bikini top on just loving life and a Command Sergeants Major (CSM) just walked slowly eyeballing atlas as he was walking by and didn't notice I was sitting in the drivers seat. He didn't notice me because the seat is slightly reclined. Then he seen me watching him eyeball my Jeep and just simply started smiling and said, "hmm that's a really nice jeep!" I couldn't help but smile back and respond with "thank you Sergeant Major, she's a work in progress". Not often does something like that happen to a little ol' buck sergeant (SGT)!! 

As she sits!

View attachment 33905

Nice looking Jeep clueless. I'll bet you didn't lose the smile on your face for a long time huh? :D

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Had a cop walk up to my window and say "I need to confiscate your jeep for being to badass" Random but made my day! :thumb:

Holeshot

Banned
Yesterday I was going back home, I live in a small town where ATV's can take the street to go to the trails. As I was coming to a stop, a motocross and an atv were leaving the stop and the guy on the quad showed me a :thumb:. that was funny :standing wave:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So I'm walking into Maui Tacos (local taco stand) while on vacation, wearing some camo cargo shorts and a well worn Off Road Evolution t-shirt, a hat and my flippy-floppys. Couple local guys out front stop me and ask if I work for ORE. I took it as a compliment. ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Did you say yes?

Nope. I told them I was a founding member of BBOR and asked if they had ever heard of it. The answer of course was yes! They were hoping to ship a couple of their yotas over for some VIP treatment. :cheesy:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nope. I told them I was a founding member of BBOR and asked if they had ever heard of it. The answer of course was yes! They were hoping to ship a couple of their yotas over for some VIP treatment. :cheesy:

:cheesy: have them send them to you. Free yotas. ::brows:

TonkaJK1031

I have a dozer jk and I was told one time "I like it it looks like angry Mac and cheese" I didn't know what to say to that.

Top Bottom