aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm a slut. You need to put out more.

I wasn't going to say it, but since you brought it on yourself...

you-filthy-whore_o_843139.jpg

BAhaha!

Anyway, Sorry for the thread jack :thumb:
P.S. I went with 4" coils over 3" coils FOR 1 extra inch of up travel. Just Saying. :idontknow: Didnt quite work out for the rear though. had to add about an inch more bump after the rockstars. But again, :idontknow:

boardsurfer

I just got the Evo spec coilover's back from King and need to reset my front bump stops. I originally had extra bump added to keep the tires out of the front fenders and forward most body mount, but did some trimming to fix those problems. When checking bump stop at full flex (one side fully compressed and the other fully extended) I need to add 3/4" to protect the shocks, but that leaves 1-1/4" of shaft showing at full bump (both sides fully compressed). Question is - should I set the bump stops for the higher speed problem of both sides compressing (full bump) and let the shocks limit travel for low speed full flex crawling or live with wasted higher speed up travel and set the bump stops for full flex?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would protect the coilovers in the situation you will use most. Give up the last inch of high speed travel in favor of properly bumped crawling flex. It's clear that you're trying to get every last bit of performance out of your setup and I respect that, but you might be splitting hairs here.

aTX427

Been working on a few odds and ends. Got tired of looking at my hacked up front body mounts, so I cut them off for something with a bit more clearance. Actually killed two birds with one stone, because my tires Hut the turn signal plug and were just dangling out of the way.

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

aTX427

I picked up some aluminum stock yesterday and plan on going a 4-6" front frame chop to stuff the winch under the grill. I will have my Rubicon disconnect, working motor, manual Evo No-limits sway bar disconnect, aluminum Quarter Pounder and Evo tow points for sale when I am done.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I picked up some aluminum stock yesterday and plan on going a 4-6" front frame chop to stuff the winch under the grill. I will have my Rubicon disconnect, working motor, manual Evo No-limits sway bar disconnect, aluminum Quarter Pounder and Evo tow points for sale when I am done.

I'm still interested in the sway bar and EVO disconnect

aTX427

I knocked out a few more old and ends. Sold my full doors and tailgate, trimmed my fender flares shorter, had my cage powder coated triple bronze, installed Evo aluminum corners, Maxxima tail lights, incorporated 3rd brake lights / license plate lights, made a relocation plate and moved the winch control box under the hood, added tie down loops to strap the spare in the back, modified my 6 ton bottle jack to accept stabilization accessories, mounted a rear view mirror to the cage and added nutserts to the front grill mounting locations. The plastic ones were a pain to take on and off for test fitting.

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

Last edited:

aTX427

Today I am going to try finishing up the front bumper and winch mount relocation. I was able cut 3-4" off the front and have the winch test fitted 1/2" in front of the radiator.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice job on that relocation mount. Looks good. Where do you get aluminum for something like that?

Benito

Caught the Bug
I knocked out a few more old and ends. Sold my full doors and tailgate, trimmed my fender flares shorter, had my cage powder coated triple bronze, installed Evo aluminum corners, Maxxima tail lights, incorporated 3rd brake lights / license plate lights, made a relocation plate and moved the winch control box under the hood, added tie down loops to strap the spare in the back, modified my 6 ton bottle jack to accept stabilization accessories, mounted a rear view mirror to the cage and added nutserts to the front grill mounting locations. The plastic ones were a pain to take on and off for test fitting.

Nice man, can’t wait to see it!

aTX427

Nice job on that relocation mount. Looks good. Where do you get aluminum for something like that?

We have a place called Metal Supermarket here in Houston, but most cities have a retail metal / materials shop. You can normally pick up "rems" or drops on the cheap.

aTX427

I wrapped up some of the remaining items for this weekend's trip to the Hill County. CB antennae, front bumper, winch mount, recovery points and started making the harness for my in-cab mounted winch switches.

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG