aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

ak49

I wish I was still there. It was great wheeling with you, even if it was for only a few days. I definitely don't miss you pushing me around on ice going up the first waterfall on PSM! LOL

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like a blast. I want to visit Moab and the parks there in the Winter. Summer there is awesome but the contrast between the snow and red rock makes it even more stunning :thumb:

aTX427

I wish I was still there. It was great wheeling with you, even if it was for only a few days. I definitely don't miss you pushing me around on ice going up the first waterfall on PSM! LOL

Great time for sure. Wish you were here for Steel Bender. I ran it by myself and most of the trail had not been driven since the snowfall. It was really technical with a lot of elevation changes. I'm sure it will be just as fun going the opposite direction.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

aTX427

Looks like a blast. I want to visit Moab and the parks there in the Winter. Summer there is awesome but the contrast between the snow and red rock makes it even more stunning :thumb:

It's really stunning here in the winter. This is our second New Years Eve trip to Moab and I think we are going make it a tradition. It's off season, so most of the shops are closed, but those that are open appreciate your business. It's nice to actually get to know the locals.

aTX427

Elephant Hill - without a good spare, we decided to take it easy and haul the Jeep out to Canyonland's and run Elephant Hill. It was a long, but beautiful drive out to the trail. Once there, we unloaded at the visitor's center and headed out to the trailhead. The climb up the mountain is steep and narrow, but seemed to been improved with concrete to preserve the trail. Although it was a fairly easy trail, there were a couple of interesting obstacles worth noting. The first of which is a switch back that you have to back down. That was a lot of fun with a 40" tire blocking her rear view and no side mirrors. The second was the narrows on full width tires. Past that, it was an incredibly beautiful trail with unique views in all directions.

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

aTX427

I need to figure out how to drop more weight. Came in at 5,250 with a full tank, no top, soft half doors, spare and the tailgate. I already sold the tailgate, plan on pulling the windshield, getting rid of the front sway bar and ditching the Quarter Pounder for a basic frame mounted winch plate. How much does the hood weigh?

SDG

Caught the Bug
I need to figure out how to drop more weight. Came in at 5,250 with a full tank, no top, soft half doors, spare and the tailgate. I already sold the tailgate, plan on pulling the windshield, getting rid of the front sway bar and ditching the Quarter Pounder for a basic frame mounted winch plate. How much does the hood weigh?
Why are you so worried about the weight? Turning it into a race vehicle?

As for the hood, look one up quadratec. Would guess 40 to 60lbs max.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Really? 5250lbs isn't even bad..

If you really are getting rid of things and have a Rubicon sway bar, I'm interested in purchasing it.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Dude, you have way too much time on your hands.

Top Bottom